View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2017, 04:55 AM   #13
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
I bought my first bike in 1986, a Honda Interceptor 500. In fact, I just bought the same model bike this last week for the exact same price I paid in 1986. Before that, I did years of dirt-bike riding before I ever got a driver's license. Learned to do a lot of maintenance because 2-strokes always seem to need some work.

Then I into cars and racing. Hot-rodding cars seemed more complicated and back then, a lot of racers converted to carbs. Which is fine if you keep engine fairly stock without continuous upgrades.

I got to point where I kept upgrading my cars to be competitive in SCCA, NASA racing and smaller club outfits. The costs of hours of labour in pulling carbs, re-jetting and grinding custom needles simply out-costed the simplicity of several seconds of mouse-clicks. I had gotten to the point where I was doubling, even tripling the factory output of an engine through mods like turbocharging. Optimizing each stage of upgrades for max-power while preserving grocery-store friendly driving for the missus and having single-crank cold-starts regardless of weather was simply cost-prohibitive or just impossible with carbs.

I opened up a shop in SoCal offering Porsche Turbo upgrades. My main bread & butter service was ECU re-programming and dyno-tuning. With just a new chip and/or software, I was able to add an extra +100bhp to a stock car!

There's no going back! I'm so deeply entrenched in the time-efficiency and cost-savings of EFI and associated tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, wideband O2-sensors with dataloging, laptops and bluetooth tablets, that my response to anyone inquiring about upgrades is to recommend a standalone programmable EFI system as the very first mod.

It really saves tonnes of labour and thousands of dollars in the long-run.

One of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen I love the old blue and red Honda colors. That's the look I'm going for with my ninjette lol