View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #41
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purspeed View Post
In reference to finding a comfortable position, it sounds to me that you *may* need to adjust the positions of the clutch lever and brake lever.

You can loosen the bolt on the clutch lever and the two hex screws on the brake lever and slide them inwards, outwards, up and down until you find the perfect fit.

Remember, the back of your hands should be level to the ground and you should be able to rest your index finger comfortably on the brake lever (with closed throttle).

I have adjusted mine (recently) and it made a big difference in minute control over the brake and clutch. Riding is much improved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
But also now that you mention it, the levers seem to be a bit low. I'll have to do some basic fiddling with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purspeed View Post
Get those levers adjusted to where they need to be. It helps. A lot.

K so I think i was completely wrong about my levers being low (i guess i didnt really think about it too much when i wrote that),
they might be high? did you lower yours? i feel like if i lower them I can get a better grip on the throttle and more room to roll on with.

So did you lower yours and was i probably wrong about them being a bit low?