Thread: Clutch Died
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2023, 06:40 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Exclamation Clutch Died

Yup. Under 5000 miles and the 125 needs a new clutch. How awesome is that? Now it is totally possible it has been not adjusted right for ages. The previous owner did lever swaps and might have not known what they were doing. Actually, my money is on that one. Once I felt it slipping, I added more slack as it was on the edge. But it is also possible they were trying wheelie and burnouts. Eh, dunno.

It was a fun trip back home on Wednesday though. A 44 mile commute back to my place, and it was slipping after 10 minutes on the bike. It was bucking a lot. I thought it was the chain at first again, but nope. Kept jerking hard occasionally. Then, when it finally clicked that it might be the clutch, I just grabbed a handful of throttle at upper revs and felt a smooth, soft grab/release party in the engine at a very high frequency. Definitely not a chain (besides I swapped that out like 500 miles ago).

By the time I got back home, I could barely maintain 45mph. It was bad! Just glad I got back safe!

I ordered a stock replacement as I only on rare occasions give it some hard acceleration. The springs should be an upgrade though. Makes for a fun weekend.

And my KLR rear tire has a crack in it at a knob. I can see the tube in it too. Fun!

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote