View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:18 PM   #4
BlackCat04
MC Pee Pants

Name: Bodhi

Motorcycle(s): '04 EX250F custom, 2008 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Did you completely disassemble carbs down to every last nut, bolt and individual components?

Did you scrub out all hidden secret petrol passages in carb body with PEA-based fuel-system cleaner? BTW - seafoam is useless

Did you poke out all bleed-holes in jets, emulsion tubes, carb-venturi with soft copper wire?

Did you soak everything in ultrasonic cleaner for days on end in radioactive solvents?

Did you micro soda-blast everything @10000psi?

Hate to break it to you, but if you didn't do all that, carbs aren't factory-fresh clean. Clue is tightening and loosening pilot-screws temporarily fixes things. What's happening is sharp tip of screw pierces and squeezes against clog in bleed-hole in carb-venturi. Then when you loosen-screw, this opens channel for petrol to flow and bike runs. But, more goo and dried petrol from further down ends up flowing into circuits and clogs it up again. You'll need to do complete carb restoration, not just cursory cleaning.

I've done everything but the ultrasonic cleaner and soda-blast. I assure you I've cleaned the living Hell out of those carbs. I've used copper wire for the holes, carb cleaner, all that junk. I took apart everything that I could. Like I said, I'm very sure it's gotta do with the mixture screws. I don't flake on the carbs when I clean them, because I hate having to rip them back out to clean them all over again. They look spotless! Everything is open!

I just think my tuning is whacked-out. The butterflies are synched. It's gotta be the screws.
BlackCat04 is offline   Reply With Quote