View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2021, 08:17 AM   #14
BlackCat04
MC Pee Pants

Name: Bodhi

Motorcycle(s): '04 EX250F custom, 2008 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
^THIS!!! If you have non-OEM jets in it already - throw them away.

I would add - I think your jetting is too rich overall. The adjustments of the Idle Mixture screws are only going to significantly affect the mixture at idle, and the transition past. If significantly rich, an engine will stumble, chug, and fail to accelerate.

We ran a similar set-up with 108 Mains and 1 shim, and it ran great using ethanol-free 87. It wasn't lean.

Also check for a vacuum leak or sticky slides if the RPMs are hanging. Make sure the rubber carb diaphragms are in good condition.

Confirm that the Pilot Jets are completely clear, as are the cross-drilled holes in the Pilot jet and "Holder" shown in post #4.

Use only OEM Kehin jets - not even the DynoJet ones (with different numbering).

No matter what you do, you are going to get some hesitation if you whack the throttle open with CV carbs - and it's going to get worse with pod filters.

Think of your carb tuning in terms of throttle opening - closed, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, etc. That helps you isolate the circuit that needs adjustment.

I'll see what's up once the kit comes and I change the real old pieces. It's just weird, because the bike ran amazing just a few months ago! Zero issues! But, I let it sit for about 2 months and, now, it's a total pain! Like, maybe two years ago, I absolutely nailed it with the 38/ 110 jet ratio and never changed it since, because I had zero need to! That's why I'm so-damn-confused! No matter the weather temp, it always fired right up and had zero problems!
BlackCat04 is offline   Reply With Quote