View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2021, 06:33 PM   #18
BlackCat04
MC Pee Pants

Name: Bodhi

Motorcycle(s): '04 EX250F custom, 2008 Ninja 650R

Okay, so, I had someone come by and check out the bike. They had nothing but positive things to say and they're *very* interested in it. They want me to call them back as soon as I get everything running. I told them I had a super-stubby coming tomorrow and a carb kit coming sometime this week or on Monday. They had a fat wad of cash and everything, so he's serious.

He wanted me to slap the carbs together before he came, which I did so. Man, I'm telling you, that system is *spotless*. *Everything* has flow through it. Also, the intake manifold does not burp, spit exhaust anymore. One of the rubber tubes weren't tightened-down completely. But, I dialed the FM screws out 2-1/2 turns and it ran. I had to choke it and bump the idle screw up some, so it would idle around 1,500 when the choke was off. It revs and everything just fine. But, when I kick it in first and give it gas, it bogs and dies. I even shown the dude, too.

I'd love some more input. My plan is to use the stubby to tune the FM screws some tomorrow and see if that does it. If it doesn't, I'm gonna mess with the jet sizes and set the screws back to 2-1/2 turns, then go from there. Does that sound reasonable to you guys? Once again, I have a 38/ 110 jet ratio w/ 3 shims on each needle. And, yet again, the bike ran killer about two months back! I definitely think the weather has something to do with it, because it's gotten colder. I'm going to check the float height tomorrow, too.

I've been looking all over and there are a lot of videos about the same issue I'm having, and there definitely are other things that could be going on carb-wise if the carbs are clean, which mine are. It's just a matter or figuring it out.
BlackCat04 is offline   Reply With Quote