View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2021, 08:20 AM   #23
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat04 View Post
Even though I have different jets and a pod filter mod? I have the FM screws set to factory right now and it ran last night, but still died when I tried going in first. It pulls, but bogs and dies.
yes, put as much back to stock as possible. Pods don't do anything to improve flow, so no jetting changes needed. Even if you had mods that improves flow, you still need to downsize jets due to super rich factory mixtures.

My bike has been dyno-tuned with full Tyga exhaust (which improves flow way more than pod filters). It's got 22% more flow than stock for 22% more power. And it STILL needed to have mains decreased by 2 sizes. And it's still rich.

This whole idea of increasing jet sizes was started by people with dirty clogged carbs who didn't or couldn't get them clean. So they compensated by putting bigger jets in. But effects are only temporary, as clogs will continue to increase.

Easiest and fastest way to restore functionality is to restore everything back to stock. Without having stock sized jets to install, first thing you can do is remove those shim washers. Don't even have to remove carbs to do that and you'll be amazed at difference in improved behavior.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote