View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #48
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I did my two Rat bikes and my sons pit bike (bug lights he stole from my ninjette) for zip, I realized one fairing panel was $220 new and did my biggest mod, dropped a buttload of weight off the bike and had several hundred in parts easily sold (pre-gen). What sucks for you is if you want guages it's way to costly for old style, you're in the digital age (butt ugly for me). I'd forget the buell tribute pan, rear hugger, and just take off the rear fender and have your plate there and blinkers on brake light sides doing double duty. My computer is rigged old style, just like my bike, i can't see your pics as I don't have an hour to wait for four of them. I'm old style and what are called streetfighters i don't know where it came come, I guess because they were from junked bikes. In my day everyone dropped as much weight as possible from their bikes, replaced (or dipped) some small items with CHROME (huge then) and that was it. Every second and mph counted and there was no aftermarket, plus realize bikes didn't go like they do today, 40+ years later. I read you have a new aftermarket exhaust, if you skip the hugger and belly pan get into carbuerating. I have no knowledge of post-gen set up but I'd go Mikuni over even EFI for a ninjette size (weight bike). Drill it out and re-set and re-jet. Their calling me to the med window, gotta go. No one ever forgot my Rat, don't forget me.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote