View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:56 AM   #21
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Check the sig... that toy S1000RR is a bit too small, so it looks like the GSX-R750 for me.

What Ant said about your bike. That 500 will be fine and YAY if you have the ability to dedicate a bike to track use. I have enough room in my garage for a track bike, but not enough room in my marriage.

You really don't need a fast bike to learn a ton and have a blast. Your first day will be a lot more like a very spirited ride on a fantastic road with no cops than anything else. You won't really get cranking until later in the day... which is a good thing.

But by the end of the day you might surprise yourself.... I was shocked to discover that by the end of the day the chicken strips on my rear tire were only about 2mm wide.

BTW, Ant... the preseason event at Palmer is only a month away. How much snow is on the ground up where you are? I'm thinking about going (was worth it last year), but the reverse track walk will be pointless if everything's still buried.

Unless there is an incredible amount of warming I would not plan on walking. I have a 24inch deep trench from my back door to the street! The French forces are planning on using it to hold off an attack form the Germans this weekend. Viva La Farance! No really i could crawl from my back door to the street and not be seen. Need some of that global warming to kick in up here. I hope we are past the worst weather and the rest of the month is much warmer. Need to road test the 748 so I can finish her up and get the rest of my bikes done.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote