View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2016, 02:07 PM   #81
samson12693
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Samson

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r ninja stolen :( 2004 cbr600rr, 2010 ninja 250r se (wife'sbike) sometimes mine :)

250r 2010 SE shim/carb screws

Hey guys hope this post is not too dead and everyone has not moved on to the 300FI lol wish i could. this is for my wife's bike 2010 snork removed. 2 bothers exhaust. She will not let me get rid of it....likes the sound smh.. so WHATEVER.

removed carbs reset idle screws to 0 turned out 2 1/2 turns each. bike gurrggles and when turn throttle it die etc choke bla bla ... pops a little etc.

stalls freaks her out etc dangerous etc. so today was gonna do the shim thing bought washers etc. said hey let me jack with these screws on the carb again seems like it is to rich...ran screws back in back to 2 1/2 turns still sucks turn back in ran back out about 2 turns bam no hanging just vrrroooom vvrrrrooommm choke is not on and only dies if i dont give it a sec or two between wot pulls sounds great all the way up the rpm band doesn't hang or dip below idle.

do you guys think i should go ahead and shim since i have fairings off etc i have not rode it down the road yet. bike is not totally warmed up other than me cranking idling and messing with screws?

or srcew everything yank carbs buy jet kit etc drop bike off at bike shop say here fix it I dont give a damn about the cost?
samson12693 is offline   Reply With Quote