View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2021, 05:55 PM   #103
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
That's a good idea. Lower it and once you feel it's holding you back, put it back to stock. Try not to lower it more than an inch, though.

gl... hope it helps.
I am courious as to why you say that ? I have both a rear lowering kit and the handle bar risers that you discribed... but I left my forks at their original position... mostly because I liked the way the bike sits now...LOL
I plan to ride it a bit and see how bad it is in the twisties before I LOWER the front...
I expect it will be horrable with the rear of the bike lowered and not the front
but we shall see. I lowered the bike a real long way, I got the fully adjustable
lowering kit (with 2 turn buckles) and wound up with it at 3/4" longer than the stock Dog bones.
right now the bike on the side stand is fairly vertical ( not good) a strong wind could blow it over ! if I lower the front I am sure it will be past vertical and I will have to shorten the side stand....
But I think I will lower the front before I do anything more, as making it quicker in the turns is my desire not the opposite ! and that is what I have done...
it's good to finally find this thread on Ninjette ! I thought I was the only short person here ! LOL
to me if you cannot flat foot a bike with your knees slightly bent
it is a major hazard to you and the bike.... my seat height is now 27"~28"
and it's just right for my 30" inseam ..... if your shorter, you need to lower your bike more !
so back into the shop with the Ninja....Again !
EDIT: 9/30/2021 .... to be totally fair I was in the middle of adjusting my 250R when I posted this... and Yes I dropped the rear 4" and the front forks 2" .....BUT over the course of a few months I have raised the rear back up.... i had a 28" seat height for a while, but Now I have a 29" seat height.... and I left the front forks down 2" from stock..... this is where I think I will leave it as it handles even better than it did before ( which wasn't bad, but now it wants to corner itself !)
I don't have to tell it to start the corner it's as if it is already doing it ! it's like all i have to do is think it ! it's amazing !
so the end results is Lowered the front by 2" and the rear by 1" and it's perfect for me !
and Yes I did have to shorten the side stand by 5/8" but should have gone a bit more.perhaps 3/4"

Bob.....

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; September 30th, 2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Additional information
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote