View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #93
Ninjamomma
ninjette.org member

Name: Suzanne

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Response to Josh - re: handlebar conversion

Hey Josh,

Sorry to say absolutely no one (have searched for 18 months) makes these in the US - Although I have contacted Murphs Kits (an aftermarket parts company) and sent them photos to see if they COULD make them. The reply was, "If you can find at least 20 people interested with down payment, we could manufacture them for you." I wrote them back just last week to see if they could give me an approx. cost so I could post it here and try to gather 20 interested riders (don't think it would be too hard as I have read many people wanting this conversion).

The bad news is (if you went with the Webike mounts around $250), the cost of longer cables can be close to $200 (if not more according to MotionPro, which will not make brake cables due to hydraulic needs and referred me to Speigleusa.com - $65 for brake cable) - not including the handlebar of choice. Soooo, the cost of this mod could be approx. $500 if you do the work and $700+ if you have a shop do it. I'm having to contemplate how much I love my little Ninja (which I do!!) or just buy a used Ninja 650 that has this type of handlebar setup.

Hope this helps
Ninjamomma is offline   Reply With Quote