View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:37 AM   #99
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

@Motofool ,

As always SAGE ADVICE. Everything you said in your post has reinforced what I have come to realize the more I ponder the issues I am having. Like I said in my last post "like a kid with a new toy" I need to focus less on how fast and more on relaxing and flowing around the track. I do spend too much mental energy trying to keep the pace up and don't just simply ride the track. Earlier in this thread I mentioned how I made my biggest improvements whan following someone else (who was faster) so I did not have to think about going fast but just ride the bike and feel what it was telling me.

I wanted to thank Motofool and give a quick update on what I have been doing to reach my goals.

#1: I have begun to exercise daily. I have a really busy schedule with work (begins at 3AM everyday) but I still find time to do something everyday. I have been trying to focus mostly on my core with crunches, situp's and other exercises. I am also doing free weights and lots of Squats with weight (squats with heavy back pack in elevator work great) and walking/running/stairs.

#2: Dietary changes including reduced sugar intake. This is the hardest part. I have a 1.5 hour ride to work and normally cant take a lunch break. The temptation to grab some crap food at the gas station or drink a soda (free at events at work) or eat burgers and fries is always present. I have been trying to drink only water after my morning Tea/coffee. My wife has been cooking better with no fried foods for dinner and lots of vegetables and pork or chicken not beef.

#3: I work in Audio and video so I have lots of time to play and review videos. I spend lots of my time rewatching my track videos and lots of others about riding. I never thought of just listening to the video (thanks CSmith12) to hear the motor better thru the same turn I just watched. Listening to the engine noise has taught me a lot about how and what I am actually doing. I am also reading lots about riding technique and skills.

The improvements so far are small but this is an endurance race not a sprint. I will keep at the training both mental and physical as much as possible and we will see how successful I am when spring times comes around!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.