View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #111
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Not laughable at all. Simulation is incredibly useful and when I was training for my pilot's license I used it quite a lot.

F1 teams use it too.

I don't have a gaming system so don't have access to such tools for riding. I do use visualization a lot... running laps in my head... and watch a lot of track video. The latter is a great resource that we didn't really have until YouTube.

Palmer has some great narrated on-board from Ken Condon and Paul Duval. You can learn a ton from that stuff.
I have been running the Brno track as it best mimics the Palmer track more than any of the others. The physics are real enough and the Simulated bikes have loads of power so you have to be really slow and smooth with the roll ons to not spin up. Not everything is exactly right but the "fundamentals" still apply (like slowing down to go faster)! The talk we had the other day along with some things I read and the great coaching I have received is beginning to really make sense and I see the entire track in a different way.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote