Old September 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #10
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Thanks and a few questions!! ;)

Thank you all for the responses.
After taking my 250 through the Smoky Mts (including the Cherohola Skyway {WOWOWOW!} and the Dragon), I would REALLY like more passing power. My 250 was incredible in the twisties and so easy to flick back and forth...boy was it FUN! I'm wondering if the 650 is just as easy in curves? Obviously, I know it's a lot heavier, so I figure it won't be quite as flickable, but I'm wondering how it compares. It was soooo frustrating, though, when I would get behind people in the curves and couldn't quite enjoy them the way I wanted to until I got around the cars. The 250 obviously has a tougher time getting around cars within a very short sight distance.
Also, this may be a silly newb question, but I learned to ride in March, went through the MSF course in June, got my license, and have read the top 4 motorcycling strategies books and really reflected on them and incorporated those strategies into my street riding. I've put about 8,000 miles on my bike, so I've had a good amount of riding time during these few months. With my experience level (and still being pretty new), how long would you guys recommend I ride the new bike before taking it up to the mts. We're planning another trip in a couple of weeks, and I'm considering taking the 250 again rather than my new bike, but I'm on the fence about it. I'm just wondering how long it takes to get truly comfortable with a new bike. Should I ride regular roads for a few weeks first? Or is getting on a 650 like second nature after riding a 250?
We're not getting rid of our 250 though. It's just too much fun to sell! Ally

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote