View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:38 PM   #33
JackTheAlbatross
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Ninja Kawasaki 250r 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
For the present time forget the smoke...

get it to start, full choke if necessary...then sequentially less choke, while using the throttle to keep RPM up... don't just immediately turn the choke off and expect it to idle...you haven't even done a final set on that yet!
The plugs may be on the verge of fouling (too much fuel)? Have you inspected or replaced the spark plugs?
Alternately, try a start attempt using FULL throttle/NO choke (it'll clear fuel from the chambers) ....be prepared to back off the throttle. (or the tach needle will fly off)

You didn't overcompensate, turning throttle adjuster up too much during prior start attempts, didja?

"Dumcatiman"
"Dumcatiman"
Sorry, was in a rush to get to class. Haha I haven't touched the throttle adjuster since I got it.

Here's an update for you and everyone else:

I bought a multimeter to check for any electrical issues.

Results:
Battery - 12.89
Battery/Engine grounded - 12.89
Spark plugs - both had a spark when took them out and placed them on the head
ignition coil - 0.00...?

I actually think my engine may be flooded. When I took the spark plugs out and cranked the engine to see if there was a spark, a bit of fuel spat out of the cylinder (which scared the hell out of me considering the plug I was testing had a nice spark going). The plugs are brand new but the bottom ends were wet when I took them out.

Weird thing is that once I put everything back together, the bike idled perfectly with the choke on. Maybe I didn't have the new spark plugs seated correctly the first time. I released the choke bit by bit and it died out in the middle. Funny thing is that I can't throttle it at all without it dying now.

Despite all the trouble this bike is giving me, I'm still having a lot of fun trying to figure it all out. Thanks for all the help so far, everyone. I ain't giving up yet!
JackTheAlbatross is offline   Reply With Quote