ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

YEAR: 2008

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: K&N R-0990 Pod Filter

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: None

BRAND OF JET KIT? Factory Pro

MAIN JET: 112 (112.5?)

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 3rd (middle) position.

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: Started at 2.75 turns out, ended up at around 3.5 (Stock #38 Pilot).

ELEVATION: Roughly 1000-1200 feet.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:

With the K&N on and stock jet settings, it was so lean I could not go past maybe 1/4 throttle without it stuttering and hesitating (and not picking up any more speed). It was like riding a moped, and I could not get above about 50mph. I had changed the jets to the 112s anticipating needing them with the custom exhaust, but will probably be keeping the stock exhaust at least for a while and have ordered smaller jets. I hadn't tried the 110s with the stock exhaust.

After playing with the mixture screws, I settled around 3.5 turns out (roughly), and now it starts up much better than before and will cleanly pull from under 2k RPM. The low-end response has picked up enough that even with my 16/41 gearing (25% taller than stock), I will occasionally just leave it in 2nd (same ratio as stock 3rd gear) if I am doing a lot of stopping and going, and it will move just fine for regular traffic / neighborhood streets.

Last futzed with by JMcDonald; December 2nd, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
JMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote