JET KIT OR STOCK?
Stock

BRAND OF JET KIT? n/a

MAIN JET: 110

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: 3 Washers shimmed

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 2.5 turns out

ELEVATION: Kneecaps

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:

So with this being my first bike I think, after 1.5 weeks, I finally got the settings right. I started with just shimming after installing the Air Filters which did help the pull off the line, etc, but didn't do much noticeable towards needing choke and the time of such. I got the 110 jets and it was way too lean with just those on so put washers on one by one till I ended up with an overall smoother going at 3. For the mixture screws, I went the route of having the engine warmed up to get the setting right. I had gone about it many times before but, with it being my first bike, I didn't really know what to listen for. Having the engine on and warmed up as you turn the screws lets you really hear where the sweet spot is.

I do, still, have to start it with choke, but the amount needed has gone down to half instead of full. Also, it's much quicker in being able to take it off, about 2min of riding and it's golden. Idle speed set at 1500rpm and now it's able to hold it quite well. When the throttle is just turned real quick it drops back down to idle instantly, whereas before it would hang for a few seconds before dropping back.
Chim is offline   Reply With Quote