View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:36 PM   #1
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Blue Tooth and Cell Phone Mount

I am considering getting a cell phone mount and a blue tooth set.

I am NOT looking for another distraction to add to the risk of motorcycling. I just want it for reassurance.

Allow me to explain.
For some reason, my wife does not understand that I can not simply answer my cell phone while riding, and she tends to call me often and repeatedly if I don't answer. I have to pull over to a safe spot in a parking lot, remove my gloves, take my phone out of my jacket, take off my helmet, and then call her back.

What I will use the blue tooth is for a quick reassuring answer like "Hey, I'm riding, and I am still alive. Got to hang up now!" The cell phone mount would just be so that I can see who is calling to see if it is even worth my time making a quick answer. I can also use it if there is an emergency that I need to be aware of and need to make my way home or some possible scenario. And so that I can tell time.

I know Revzilla has MANY products but I end up getting what is called choice paralysis. Can I just use a simple blue tooth that they cell for cell phones? My helmet is a full face helmet and non modular.

Any tips and advice appreciated!