View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #75
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperaxe View Post
Here is the guy to contact if you want a very simple way to mount 17" wheels on your old-gen Ninja250...

His name is Jeff, he races with WERA, jjuskowich@hotmail.com

I believe he charges $150 for the whole kit (front and rear). So a person could quite simply buy a kit from Jeff, buy a set of wheels and tires, then bolt them on, torque and saftey wire as needed.

The stickiest tires available for the old-gen bikes too, as simple as that!
Out of curiosity I emailed Jeff to confirm this and here is his reponse:

Hey Jon,

Attached are some pics with the 17s and also the parts that you will need; which is a new front brake bracket to offset the caliper to line up with the new gen rotor, modified rear brake bracket and torque link, and also new front wheel spacers. Other than the wheels (with rotors), that will be all that is needed, you will reuse the original stock rear wheel spacers.

If you would like me to make the kit for you, I have been asking $150 plus shipping, but I will need the parts to make the kit.
I will need your stock front caliper bracket, rear brake bracket and torque link (silver parts in pic), and two front wheel spacers (2x the one in the pic).
If you don't want to give up your stock parts, then I can get them off ebay for an additional $50. Some of the guys have been going to junkyards to get the parts for me also.

Let me know if you're interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new front brake bracket to offset the caliper to line up with the new gen rotor.jpg (33.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg new front wheel spacers.jpg (35.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg modified rear brake bracket and torque link.jpg (120.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg After.jpg (157.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg After 2.jpg (135.1 KB, 39 views)
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote