View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2015, 08:01 AM   #1
chemist
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): gsxr 600 2012

Comfort for taller riders-rearset etc?

Ok taller guys on 300s what are you doing to get comfortable on long rides? I have heard from several that rearsets help and rearsets don't help. Have also heard rearsets+clipons or none of the above...you get the idea.

I am 6"1 with very long legs(relatively speaking).

Possibilities:
1)newbie/nerves- yes this does happen from time to time but I am mostly past that now.

2) My weight does stay on my legs but to a point. What I mean is that with my lanky legs their is no real easy molded area for me to grip. They don't really fit right in the grooves and I find myself gripping either from the outside in on top of the grooves or pushing my legs directly into the tank( this position works but it is not always possible)

3) I stay as far back on the seat as possible(resting my lower back on rear cowl)

One issue may be that I am using mesh/textile pants. Pondering another excuse to get leather perf pants for grip.

Stompgrip for added leg grip to increase comfort. Adj. rearsets, clipons?

The wind doesn't bother me and I do feel pretty comfy stretched out on the tank. thank again though, my feet are so long that my arms end up resting on my legs lol.