ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #1
WebMasterP
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Tall and Thin Jacket Suggestions?

I'm 6' 2" and pretty thin. I currently have a black Alpinestars "city collection" jacket in size Large. It is simply too hot to ride with it on right now, so I haven't been riding. I'm looking for a mesh Jacket. The pads and everything stay in place well with the large, but when I lean forward the sleeves come up pretty far on my wrists and the back of the jacket rides up pretty high leaving a large gap between my Joe Rocket overpants and my jacket.

I tried some Alpinestars XL's on today, and the sleeve length was excellent and so was the length. But the shoulder pads fell out of place easily because my shoulders aren't big enough to hold the pads in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions for well made jackets that come in tall sizes or something in that vein?
WebMasterP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #2
pooter
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

The A* city collection/Black Label line has a more relaxed fit than their normal stuff. For the gap on the back of the jacket, one option could be to buy their optional Tech Spoiler that would zip to the back of the jacket:

http://www.alpinestars.com/Tech_Spoi.../p/670308.html

In terms of the sleeve length, an option would simply be to get gauntlet gloves that go over the sleeve. I was in the same situation where jackets that fit me seem to have shorter sleeves exposing my wrist with my shorty gloves, so I just picked up some gauntlets and no problem now
pooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #3
WebMasterP
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Cool, I didn't know about that zip on "spoiler", I'll definitely check that out.
WebMasterP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #4
d00dman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jahn

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

I'd love some additional help with this as well. I'm 6ft with crazy long arms..even with gauntlets they dont stay tucked into my jacket sleeves. I wear a size 44 Teknic Mercury jacket..
d00dman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #5
lux
ninjette.org guru

Name: lux

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

RS Taichi might have something that fits you well.
lux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #6
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

I too have this problem... Think I need to go somewhere and have something made up to fit my arms properly I HATE jackets that ride up on my wrists when i lean forward
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #7
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

dan,

i have this jacket from fieldsheer. works great in the heat/humidity of florida, should work for you in seattle. good armor, lots of adjustability. on closeout from motorcycle-superstore.com for 79.99!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...sh-Jacket.aspx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_Fieldsheer_Hi-Flow_II_Mesh_Jacket_Black.jpg (70.7 KB, 0 views)
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #8
zomgcake
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 09' Ninja 250

I'm 6'3 and 155 pounds, so I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I shopped around a bit and found the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket (Mesh) to have some nice long sleeves. It is available in Tall sizes as well. Personally I tried both the Medium, Medium Tall, and Large sizes of the jacket. I found Medium Tall to have wonderful long sleeves, but unfortunately (for me at least) a very long torso as well. This caused the Jacket to pop up a lot when I would bend at the waist. The Large had good sleeve-length as well, but fit my upper body / arms like a parachute. I purchased the Medium as it had accommodating sleeves (not as generous as the medium tall, but noticeably lengthy for a Medium), and was a closer fit to my upper body. The jacket also has some belt-loops so you can attach it to your pants (I'd imagine it would zip up as well since you have the JR pants).

Another thing I've noticed is that the jacket fits/feels quite different with and without the weatherproof liner. So try to keep that in mind when trying things out.

Hope I Helped!
zomgcake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #9
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I'm 6' and 145lbs, another bean pole! I just bought my favorite size-small jacket, and tailored the hell out of it myself. It was a Fieldsheer Congo Air Mesh jacket ($99 at MC-Superstore). I ended up taking about 6 or 7" out of the chest dimensions, and probably 2" out of the sleeves. I did this partially for the look, but largely to make sure the armor actually stayed in place in a crash.

This was a small, and is how bad it was. Granted, the chest was sized a little large for a "small" (only in America is a 40" chest considered "small"). But, I couldn't find any jackets with a small enough chest (34" maximum would have been ideal) without the sleeves ending at my elbows, heh.

This is how it was originally, and why I needed to alter it:
JMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #10
shiroganeshinobi
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
RS Taichi might have something that fits you well.
RS taichi makes great stuff but no one is willing to pay the price. Not to mention they like only 5 distributors in the US.
shiroganeshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote