ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 6th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Alchemist
Crash Test Dummy

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): none (at the moment)

How long was it before you...

Started riding 2-up? I'm not looking to do this immediately, but I'm just curious how much experience most folks had (or would recommend) before attempting this.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2
aeroblade
Doh!

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Well, It all depends on how quick a learner you are. The moment you get over that subtle fear of navigating the roads and develop steady hands and confidence, that's when you can safely start going 2up. Else you'd be too worried about your surroundings failing to give the required attention to to the task at hand.

Turns are the most difficult when you are riding 2up. The weight of the 2upper will automatically counter your movements with the bike. So I'd reccommend you practice turns riding 2p in an empty parking lot or a private road before you venture onto public roads.

Old June 6th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I've had several women ask me if I'd ride them around the track but I never felt comfortable with the idea. I'd imagine I would be ok with it in the street but now I have no rear seat

Plus even if they survived the experience I'm sure afterwards they'd regret asking in the first place
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #4
RJprod
ninjette.org member

Name: Robenson

Motorcycle(s): 05 F4i....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Started riding 2-up? I'm not looking to do this immediately, but I'm just curious how much experience most folks had (or would recommend) before attempting this.
I did it the very first time I started riding.. and it was at night..the day I changed my license (added the M endorsement) I met a girl on the bus on the way to the dmv. I started to talk to her, things got interesting and I ended up getting her number. We were supposed to hang out the following day. The plan was for us to meet at the bus station, and we would take the bus back to my place...

but somehow she suggested that she would come spend the night instead of coming tomorrow. Like any young horny college kid, I was more delighted.. I ddnt have a ride, so I had no choice but to pick her up on the bike or I wouldn't get laid that night...

well, I did a little research on how she should sit on the bike and took my chances..
I was a lot less scarier than I thought, and it was alot of fun both the ride and the girl..

we're parted ways after a few more sleep-over.. I wonder what she's up to nowadays..
RJprod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #5
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

@RJprod, giving hope to pre gen owners all over the world hahahahaha
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #6
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJprod View Post
I did it the very first time I started riding.. and it was at night..the day I changed my license (added the M endorsement) I met a girl on the bus on the way to the dmv. I started to talk to her, things got interesting and I ended up getting her number. We were supposed to hang out the following day. The plan was for us to meet at the bus station, and we would take the bus back to my place...

but somehow she suggested that she would come spend the night instead of coming tomorrow. Like any young horny college kid, I was more delighted.. I ddnt have a ride, so I had no choice but to pick her up on the bike or I wouldn't get laid that night...

well, I did a little research on how she should sit on the bike and took my chances..
I was a lot less scarier than I thought, and it was alot of fun both the ride and the girl..

we're parted ways after a few more sleep-over.. I wonder what she's up to nowadays..
How are the crabs.

Old June 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #7
RJprod
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdip View Post
How are the crabs.
interestingly enough I dnt have any.. ah ah..

Old June 6th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #8
RJprod
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
@RJprod, giving hope to pre gen owners all over the world hahahahaha
She ddnt know I had a bike until it was almost time to go pick her up...ddnt think it was important before then...

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #9
Mrwils75
NiNjA aDdIcT

Name: Moses

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I started 2up about 2 weeks after I learned to ride. Granted, its only been my sons but I explained to them how to move with me. I haven't had any problems.

Old June 18th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #10
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

Just waiting for my gal to pick up some decent protective gears... Till then, I'll be one up...

And she doesn't look in a hurry to get equipped...
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #11
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Well, I lost my virginity at age....

... oh, you're talking about PASSENGERS.

Never mind.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #12
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
Ryan,

As you completed the MSF basic course back in April, you are ready for two-up now.

The passenger should lean with you and the bike and be ready for accelerations and hard braking.
The braking distance is going to increase some, so keep that in mind.
The good thing is that now you can use the rear brake all you want without fearing a tire lock-up and skid.

Protect your passenger with the proper gear, especially the eyes and ears, because there is a lot of turbulence back there.

A helpful article:
http://www.soundrider.com/archive/sa...g_the_ride.htm

Just do it !!!

Last futzed with by Motofool; June 18th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote