ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM   #1
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Yamaha test-ride for free Oakley sunglasses

Anyone else get an invitation in the mail from Yamaha to test ride one of their bikes and you can receive a free pair of Oakley "Gas Can" sunglasses?

Looks like it's an invite only; post card has a redemption code on it. I got one a couple months back and went and test rode a bike and they gave me the voucher with all the pertinent info to redeem the code for the sunglasses.

Just curious if anyone else got one of these post cards, and if so, did you receive your glasses, and how long did it take? I think I'm going on a 4-5 weeks since I redeemed it and nothing.

@Alex, sorry if it's the wrong forum, please move to where ever is appropriate.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
its a yamaha promotion. i got the card in the mail but never bothered test riding anything. though i want to go ride that fz8 around when i get a chance. thing looks FUN as ****

Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Gascans don't fit my face well at all although my favorite is Flak Jacket.

And why the hell don't I get an invitation to test ride a bike and get free Oakleys? Sounds too good to be true if you ask me.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Like @alex.s said, it's a Yamaha promotion; it's legitmate, do a google search and there's plenty of forums out there with posts by people about it, used to be an open invite but then it looks like they switched it up to be just by invitation only, IIRC, the post card said the offer runs through 8/31/2012.

I went in wanting to test ride an FZ6R but the guy said to do that, with the promotion, they have to actually run your credit to make sure you can afford it and all that crap. I wasn't going to have them run my credit for it but the sales guy said they can just fill out the info as if I did do a test ride. They had a used FZ6 that I really did want to ride so the guy let me test ride that instead.

Only thing I didn't like about the process is that once you submit the online form you don't really get any sort of confirmation, just a "thanks for submitting...." and no real notification of how long it may take to ship them out.

Oh... and the Oakleys will most definitely be getting put up on eBay, I love my Maui Jim's and the Oakleys just aren't my style. I'd rather put the money towards a new helmet or boots.

Old May 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you get sent the card if you are on their list. you get on their list by buying **** from them or going to their events or by letting them scan your little card thing at events like IMS

Old May 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Havent done anything with it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha oaks.jpg (138.4 KB, 22 views)
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #7
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

yep, that's what my card looks like...just hoping that they actually make good on the free sunglasses

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #8
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaubideux View Post
yep, that's what my card looks like...just hoping that they actually make good on the free sunglasses
searching the dealers, would have to go over to Mobile to use it. The one local dealer they mention....... I havent stepped foot in there door since FEB08. Thats when they yelled at me and my wife, I had just asked why the 250r was marked $500 over msrp
Probably all new people working there..? I dont care, loose a customer for life/ever

Looking back, maybe we should thank them. We walked out there door, drove up the hwy to a Real Kawi dealer. Came home with our 250r that same day
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #9
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

hah... look what was sitting in my mailbox when I got home today...

Should be up in the classifieds shortly if anyone is interested... try to sell it through other means before it goes off to eBay.

Old June 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Why do they call them "gascan" glasses?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote