Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old January 10th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #1
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Ducati MotoGP

It appears that Ducati has gone the route of more fuel and engines!?!?

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/01/10...88381481237582

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Other articles just say that they will be testing bikes configured for both specs, to see which is more advantageous for them. The decision isn't made (and has no need to be made) until after those tests in January/February.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Aodrn
It's a long boring story

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I am no expert, but it seems to me that the entire series would benifit from a spec ecu. There are few other things that would make such a huge impact on overall cost to be competitive. I love the idea of watching the best motorcycles man can achieve. If it means watching the same bike pull laps ahead of everyone else because of deep pockets, I get a little bored. Imagine if Ducati was competitive and Suzuki bought in too. If all the bikes were even remotely close it would completly transform Moto GP. Wsbk is way more exciting to watch because there is a huge field of COMPETITIVE bikes. Im sure this has been discussed before, but Ducati has given me hope that the winds of change are blowing.
#41 MCRA

alex.s :crashing is a normal part of life... people are just in denial about that.
Aodrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #4
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Other articles just say that they will be testing bikes configured for both specs, to see which is more advantageous for them. The decision isn't made (and has no need to be made) until after those tests in January/February.
I am more interested to see what Hayden will do on the Honda compared to Crutchlow and Dovi. That may sway Ducati's decision.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old January 11th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #5
MasterLanMan
Lando Commando

Name: Landon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodrn View Post
I am no expert, but it seems to me that the entire series would benifit from a spec ecu. There are few other things that would make such a huge impact on overall cost to be competitive. I love the idea of watching the best motorcycles man can achieve. If it means watching the same bike pull laps ahead of everyone else because of deep pockets, I get a little bored. Imagine if Ducati was competitive and Suzuki bought in too. If all the bikes were even remotely close it would completly transform Moto GP. Wsbk is way more exciting to watch because there is a huge field of COMPETITIVE bikes. Im sure this has been discussed before, but Ducati has given me hope that the winds of change are blowing.
Could not agree more.

Old January 13th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #6
notsofast
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Crutchlow
I can see the pull of a factory ride but...his tech 3 was outperforming the ducatis imo. Interesting switch to say the least, looking forward to seeing him on that bike though. Maybe a factory ride from any company can give him what he needs to start winning races.
notsofast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2014, 08:02 AM   #7
cbinker
Track Clown

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsofast View Post
I can see the pull of a factory ride but...his tech 3 was outperforming the ducatis imo. Interesting switch to say the least, looking forward to seeing him on that bike though. Maybe a factory ride from any company can give him what he needs to start winning races.
Yes, he did do better on the Tech 3, but Tech 3 will NEVER win a World Championship, with these current rules, they are the 2nd team bike. Crutchlow thinks he can win the WC, so he took the only option that could have a chance to offer that when his contract was up for renewal.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com

Old January 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #8
notsofast
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Yes, he did do better on the Tech 3, but Tech 3 will NEVER win a World Championship, with these current rules, they are the 2nd team bike. Crutchlow thinks he can win the WC, so he took the only option that could have a chance to offer that when his contract was up for renewal.
Oh I agree completely, Blue and white would always have priority. Def excited to see if he can turn Ducati around!
notsofast is offline   Reply With Quote