ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old December 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1
r311music
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX6R

Atlanta, GA

I have just received an offer from my company to transfer to Atlanta, GA in January. I am really debating it, as it's a paid move. I know there are some members of this forum from the area, so I have a few questions about the area.

I'm looking into Stockbridge or Peachtree City. Are those areas pretty decent? How is the riding around there? Any other areas you would recommend within 30min of the airport?

Any insight would be appreciated!

-Rob
r311music is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #2
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Rush hour "SUCKS"!! But, Road Atlanta "ROCKS"

Only been a visitor up that way, so Iam no help

Kinda like a bump for ya

That reminds me.. Never did get a ticket in the mail for using the Peach Pass lane during rush hour.. Maybe those cameras didnt get my plate with the tail gate down??? Either way, its worth a ticket to get outta that freaking traffic

Good luck with your decision........
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #3
cliff0529
ninjette.org member

Name: Cliff

Motorcycle(s): 1999 BMW K1200LT, 2001 Aprilia Falco, 2008 Ninja 250R and a whole slew of dirtbikes!

If you have to be within 30 minutes of the Airport; Newnan and Peachtree City (PTC) would be better for traffic than Stockbridge. I75S of 285 is a nightmare in the mornings and afternoons. Newnan is a little more country and PTC is a little more "upscale" but both are nice areas.

For riding in the immediate area, you've got Pine Mtn (down around Callaway Gardens and Warm Springs) that is pretty fun. If you're willing to ride about 1.5 hours to get to the mountains you'll be in some of the best riding areas on the east coast.

I grew up in Riverdale and have many friends in the PTC, Newnan and Fayetteville areas.

Georgia Fast Lane
cliff0529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I'd be really tempted to leave my state, especially on a day like today, but that's just me. =/ I have been to GA once, PTC looks like it's a nice place, but I don't know how it compares to Orlando.

All I can say is that moving is exciting as it is a pain in the ass.

Old December 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #5
NinjaGirlATL
ninjette.org member

Name: Lauri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

I'm in Atlanta and there are lots of great rides in the area. Depends on how long you have....Alabama has some beautiful riding, North Georgia has lots of fun twisties, getting up into TN and NC you have the Cherhola Skyway and the Blue Ridge Pkwy, tail of the Dragon. Easily go south to the beach....

There are local forums on various riding: Georgia Sportbikes (lots of track day folks) Blokes Sport Bikes (recreational sport and social) Georgia Offroad (dirt and dual sport). Again, in Atlanta, you find a variety of riding and a great community of riders.

I moved to ATL in 1998 and am likely here to stay.
Good luck.
NinjaGirlATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #6
kyrider
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

My Sister transfered from Indianapolis to Atlanta last year and lives in Johns Creek. Really nice neighborhood and really friendly people. I love visiting her and she has been welcomed with open arms. My sister has just survived two bouts with breast cancer and the people in Georgia have been great!

I used to have a negative vibe when it came to Atlanta but now that my sister has a home there and I have become familiar with the area I really like it and the people have been very nice to her.

Southern Hospitality!
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote