Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250r modded=), 2005 R6, 2003 cbr600

haha havent gotten mine yet
Joey250rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #3
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I haven't either. Working on getting the years of experience that lower insurance rates before jacking it back up with a ticket
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

No ticket yet. I was going to create a new thread on my most recent run in with the law man, but I saw this thread first.

So late at night (1am) I was going down highway 50 towards S Lake Tahoe just passing sunrise (you will know bob).. So anyways, I had a 'car' swerve into the lane besides me, and a few feet into my lane.. I'm just thinking "seriously? this guys is drunk or something!", so I speed up, like way up...

Well with the new slim light bars on newer cop cars, I couldn't tell it was a cop.. I took a double take at 95 indicated and was just like "oh s#!T!, its a cop and he is lane splitting and still on me". I just braked back down to my original speed of ~70mph (speed limit 65), gave a little wave, and the police car just bolted off like it wasn't no thing.

I guess he figured he spooked me by pulling up real close, halfway in my lane like that. Thankfully its just a 250, otherwise a much quicker pull to 90 would of probably alerted the officer.

Good times, but no tickets yet
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #5
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Nick,

I usually fall back behind drunk cops, that way if they loose all control at least they are pointing away from me.

I have bags on my bike at the moment too as a ticket discourager.... well and to hold my junk.

I'm not sure if this was the case for your guy, but I have a friend that went on a "ride along" and apparently they actually do try to rattle people's cage a little to see how they will react. That might not be the best description, but ultimately they are looking for drunk drivers, which will tend to react differently than a sober one. Doing that to a MC though is just irresponsible IMN2BHO. If I thought it posed a danger, I would consider a complaint.

There are a LOT of CHP between Sunrise and in the Tahoe direction.... I think I am on the road there for about 5ish + miles, and I usually see someone pulled over almost every day. W-bound usually between Prairie City and Folsom Blvd, but I see plenty going the other way too. A lot of bike cops lately too.

BTW: How did your bike do up in Tahoe (assuming you went all the way up)? You jetted, shimmed, pipe, etc.? My stock bike struggled over the passes but did OK otherwise. I have since shimmed the needles, so it would struggle a little more I presume at altitude.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote