ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #1
dowmace
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

In helmet headsup display idea

I have been toying with the idea of an in helmet heads up display that would show Rpm and speed like the heads up display on a corvette. Would this be something anyone would be interested in?

I figured if I could make it dimmable and somewhat inconspicuous so that you could see through it but focus on it when you need to see your gauges.

Am I the only one who thinks this would be cool? Does anyone know if something like this is already available commercially so I don't waste my time?

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There have been ones out there, though the one I'm thinking of (SportVue) seems to not be available anymore. Here's a review:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/heads-up-display/

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #3
dowmace
ninjette.org member

Thanks Alex I hadn't seen that, I am going to try and make it fit 100% inside the visor but not be distracting. How much would people be willing to pay for something like that?

Edit: I saw how much the speedvue units were going for and I'm hoping I can't bring in something for way way way less than that, I figured more than 100 bucks puts it out of too many riders price range.

Old April 18th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
That is a great idea. At around $100 most people would go for it. Onother great option to add would be a display that tells you what gear you are in.

Onother great idea would be a GPS headsup display. I sometimes carry a GPS on my bike and it's sometimes difficult to see the display in direct sunlight. This would probably cost closer to $300 dollors but I think motorcyclists would buy it.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #5
dowmace
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
That is a great idea. At around $100 most people would go for it. Onother great option to add would be a display that tells you what gear you are in.

Onother great idea would be a GPS headsup display. I sometimes carry a GPS on my bike and it's sometimes difficult to see the display in direct sunlight. This would probably cost closer to $300 dollors but I think motorcyclists would buy it.
The gear selection would be awesome but I think it would be to complex for me to make cheaply.

I first thought of the GPS in helmet but I didn't think people would shell out the 250 or so that I think I could do it for.