ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #1
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Good Commuting suit.

Hey i'm looking for a good commuting suit. I am in college so I don't have a million and a half dollars to get an aerostich and was looking for something like the Alpinestars drystar 360, the joe rocket survivor, or a tourmaster centurion but I'm open to other things in about the same price range, any suggestions from my fellow ninjette lovers?
kse91holydiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Limited Ed

Do you have a Max budget in mind? Assuming you are looking at an oversuit so you can wear it over your clothes?

Take a look at the Teiz Mohave 2. http://www.teizms.com/mojave-mesh-on...bnaakhldi4t5v0

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #3
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

nice! I need something like this. (I just don't have the money...)
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #4
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldbuster View Post
I haven't worn a Teiz personally (yet!) but I've been interacting with them quite a bit as they're putting together their custom one-piece women's suit. Their customer service and personal interest in their products are stellar.

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Teiz and Motoport are two companies I have been impressed with and who do custom sizing on textile gear. The Motoport Kevlar gear is top of the line and it is spendy. My Kevlar oversuit with the thermal liner and the 1 piece race suit I bought came to over $3000. To find another company who will do custom fitting in the price range of the Teiz gear is very refreshing. If you are hard to fit like me...this is invaluable.

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #6
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

I like the mojave, thanks for the suggestion, but the max budget would be like $600.00 which would be the price of the drystar.

Old June 5th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kse91holydiver View Post
I like the mojave, thanks for the suggestion, but the max budget would be like $600.00 which would be the price of the drystar.

You are getting close to the price of a Motoport Cordura Ultra Trek at $898 with the liner. The liner ($199) can be purchased later if you don't get much rain during the summer...

Also...check your PM.

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #8
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I own a Teiz Mojave 2, and love it. I'm really impressed with the quality of the build on my Mojave and the safety features, unbelievable for the cost. In addition to the Mojave, which is a hot-weather one-piece, they've got other suits that are closer to the traditional Aerostich. Their Lombard 3 is a great commuting suit, meant to compete with the Aeorstich, but it is on closeout because the V4 is coming out. Only $249 if you happen to be one of the sizes they have left - you won't find a better deal anywhere right now.

Their customer service is really good, too. I had an issue with sizing on my first order (I ignored the owner, Ghazi, when he made a recommendation that I didn't think made sense), and despite that, he never said "I told you so" but took the return without complaint and sent me what he'd recommended in the first place - and it was a perfect fit of course. They also do a great job taking customer feedback to improve the products. Nothing but good things to say about Teiz. Recommended, especially if you are on a budget. Tell Ghazi I sent you.

If you aren't budget limted, the Motorport stuff is awesome, as is the Aerostich.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #9
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

Thanks everyone, I love this forum because everyone is so helpful, I decided on the Lombard V3 and I'm going to post a review on it when I receive it. So I have 2 more questions, I'm a n00b I know I'm sorry, but for gfloyd, how long does shipping take? And for everyone, what are some boots you all recommend??

Old June 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #10
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

I do not own a Teiz suit. However, I wrote to Ghazi about the sizing of a used suit a was thinking of purchasing from another rider and he was very helpful even though I was not buying his product. Very good customer service.

Also, 163 pages on ADV regarding Teiz products: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433219

Old June 7th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #11
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Shipping for me took a full 2-3 weeks, but keep in mind that I'm located in Barbados and have to use military mail for the last link from Florida to me - and whether I get stuff quickly depends on when military flights are coming my way. Not sure that is going to be the best judge for you. I believe Ghazi ships from California and Minnesota (though I can't figure out why he ships from Minn. ) - and you might judge based on standard shipping times from there.

On boots, if you are going to stick with the plan to shop for value - protection for the dollar quotient is pretty high on the Sedici Laguna boot. It is the same boot as the Teknic Chicane and Cortech Latigo, offers good protection, a lifetime warranty and you can get them for about $150 bucks not on sale, which is a good price for the protection. If you want to go less expensive, I use a pair of BiLT Trackstars for commuting, which I got for $69 on sale, I think $99 not on sale, which are also a great value though less protective than the Laguna. Neither of these boots the best on the market, but they are very good for the money.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #12
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

Yess, I live in the Twin Cities so a Minnesota shipping center would be soo awesome. The Sedici boots look pretty cool too.

Old June 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #13
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

Got both the boots and the Teiz Lombard today, they're amazing. I feel so protected. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Best forum on the 'net :O

Old June 9th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #14
kkim

which boots did you end up getting?

pics of you in the gear?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #15
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Gear is Good!

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #16
kse91holydiver
ninjette.org member

Got the Bilt Trackstars! Pics tomorrow I love all the gear guys. I feel like superman.

Old June 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #17
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kse91holydiver View Post
Got both the boots and the Teiz Lombard today, they're amazing. I feel so protected. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Best forum on the 'net :O