ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 11th, 2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - features] - BMW Unveils eRR Electric Bike

BMW has shown an all-electric supersport bike based on the S 1000 RR and called the eRR. Few details were released, other than that the eRR was created as an experimental project in conjunction with the Technical University of Munich and intended to show "the possibilities of an all-electric drive in a supersport motorcycles." Scroll through the gallery above for more images of the eRR.

The full text of BMW's press release follows:

BMW Motorrad presents the experimental vehicle eRR.
Supersport dynamism and zero emission thanks to electric power.

Munich. BMW Motorrad has a long tradition in pointing out new ways and thoughts for the topic „mobility on two wheels“. For that, again and again many studies were presented in the past giving views to the future. The experimental vehicle eRR, created as a project with the Technical University of Munich, embodies an idea of an electric powered supersport motorcycle made by BMW Motorrad.

Already a couple of years ago, BMW i showed the BMW Group’s visionary and sustainable approach with the vehicles BMW i3 and i8 and their revolutionary design principles (aluminum chassis and passenger cabin made from carbon fibre) and BMW Motorrad’s C evolution proved, that zero emission, riding fun and practicability do not exclude themselves.

With presenting the experimental vehicle eRR BMW Motorrad goes one step forward and shows the possibilities of an all-electric drive in a supersport motorcycle. Regarding design and chassis technology the eRR leans on the supersport motorcycle S 1000 RR, however using an all-electric drive.

Stephan Schaller, Head of BMW Motorrad, emphasizes: „Since their market launch, the RR is giving the creeps to motorsport athletes. If acceleration, handling or top speed – the RR is setting standards. However, if acceleration on the first metres, up to 50, 60 kph, is the point, the RR’s 199 bhp have to admit defeat by another BMW product: the C evolution with its electric drive.

We asked ourselves: What happens when combining a sport motorcycle and an electric drive? The experimental vehicle eRR brings the topic zero emission and electric drive on a new, more fascinating level."

BMW Motorrad will announce technical details of the eRR at a later date.

Click here for full story...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old November 11th, 2015, 08:27 PM   #2
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjette Newsbot View Post
BMW has shown an all-electric supersport bike based on the S 1000 RR and called the eRR. Few details were released, other than that the eRR was created as an experimental project in conjunction with the Technical University of Munich and intended to show "the possibilities of an all-electric drive in a supersport motorcycles." Scroll through the gallery above for more images of the eRR.

The full text of BMW's press release follows:

BMW Motorrad presents the experimental vehicle eRR.
Supersport dynamism and zero emission thanks to electric power.

Munich. BMW Motorrad has a long tradition in pointing out new ways and thoughts for the topic „mobility on two wheels“. For that, again and again many studies were presented in the past giving views to the future. The experimental vehicle eRR, created as a project with the Technical University of Munich, embodies an idea of an electric powered supersport motorcycle made by BMW Motorrad.

Already a couple of years ago, BMW i showed the BMW Group’s visionary and sustainable approach with the vehicles BMW i3 and i8 and their revolutionary design principles (aluminum chassis and passenger cabin made from carbon fibre) and BMW Motorrad’s C evolution proved, that zero emission, riding fun and practicability do not exclude themselves.

With presenting the experimental vehicle eRR BMW Motorrad goes one step forward and shows the possibilities of an all-electric drive in a supersport motorcycle. Regarding design and chassis technology the eRR leans on the supersport motorcycle S 1000 RR, however using an all-electric drive.

Stephan Schaller, Head of BMW Motorrad, emphasizes: „Since their market launch, the RR is giving the creeps to motorsport athletes. If acceleration, handling or top speed – the RR is setting standards. However, if acceleration on the first metres, up to 50, 60 kph, is the point, the RR’s 199 bhp have to admit defeat by another BMW product: the C evolution with its electric drive.

We asked ourselves: What happens when combining a sport motorcycle and an electric drive? The experimental vehicle eRR brings the topic zero emission and electric drive on a new, more fascinating level."

BMW Motorrad will announce technical details of the eRR at a later date.

Click here for full story...
I guess they don't get that in english to err is to make a mistake.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.