ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM   #1
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Need some help por favor

So I recently took apart what seems like half the bike in an effort to remove the carbs and the airbox along with it. Well my friend has my carb and is almost finished with a very thorough cleaning and my K&N 0990 is almost here, so its about time for me to put the bike back together. Except I don't exactly remember all of the detail. I know where the carb goes lol, but I don't exactly remember where all of the miscellaneous vacuum tubes and such go. So do any of you guys know of an online diagram of this sort of stuff that I could use on Fri/Sat while I rebuild the bike?
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

How's the rebuild coming along?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #3
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Well Alex, it would be best described as a "work in progress". I have the carbs back (as of yesterday) and I am currently having an issue with the throttle cables not pulling smoothly and getting stuck in the WOT position, which doesn't seem all that safe. So I'm just trying to tinker with everything till I get it right, or until I get frustrated enough to have someone else do it for me

What really sucks, is the fact that I think I could have avoided taking the carbs out all together. When inspecting my air filter, it was disgustingly dirty. So I think that was the reason for my bike acting up, which means the carbs were fine, which means they didn't need to come out. Oh well, whats done is done.

Old September 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #4
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Was the carb end of the cables the only side that was disassembled?

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #5
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Was the carb end of the cables the only side that was disassembled?
If I understand correctly, yes i just detached the cables from the throttle body; I didn't mess with the cables on the handlebar side. Tonight or tomorrow, I'm gonna remove them and see if I can isolate the problem. Because once I get this right, it's a matter of putting the various tubes where they go and attaching the new pod filter, and hopefully everything will run.

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Hope he jetted for the pods........
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #7
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Yep, I'm going to either do it myself or have a local company do it. The reason I'm leaning more towards the later option is the fact that they have a dyno, and the fact I'm so sick of wrenching as opposed to riding.

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

On the carb end, double check to see if those dumbell looking things at the end of the throttle cables are seated properly. If they're not fully set in, the cable won't pull smoothly and chances are it won't return.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #9
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
On the carb end, double check to see if those dumbell looking things at the end of the throttle cables are seated properly. If they're not fully set in, the cable won't pull smoothly and chances are it won't return.
Ahh good point. I did have some trouble getting those bad boys in there, mostly due to me doing it once i had the carb in. I'll definitely check that when I mess with it next. Almost makes me wish I didn't plan a date with my fiance tonight