ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #1
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

Name: Malinda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Cager too close

Yesterday I went to the store and on the way back I had a cager so close behind me I could see their face very clearly while driving. It was nerve wrecking thinking if I slowed down they would ram my bike (yes, that close). I saw a road ahead and put on my blinker and started slowing down, they slowed down also. Then I shut off my blinker and continued to the next street and did the same thing, they slowed down again. Once again, I shut off my blinker and continued -- funny thing they slowed down and gave me some distance and I was able to go home WITHOUT someone on my butt. My husband got a good laugh out of it and said they were probably saying "stupid b**** doesn't know where she is going".
userjh160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #2
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

I need to sow some LED's to the back of my jacket that will light up and say "BACK UP MOTHER****ER" when people are too close.
iplante is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Carefully falsh your brake lights a few times. It tends to get people off of my ass. If that doesn't work then just turn around and look back at them. That almost always does the trick. And finally, if you have a real ass trying to wear you and your bike for a hat, then simply pull over to one side when possible and let the person pass.

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #4
folky15
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Carefully falsh your brake lights a few times. It tends to get people off of my ass. If that doesn't work then just turn around and look back at them. That almost always does the trick. And finally, if you have a real ass trying to wear you and your bike for a hat, then simply pull over to one side when possible and let the person pass.

This is great advice, thx

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #5
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Wife and I came to a stop light the other day. She was way back behind me and eased up behind/ beside me. I'm watching the green light in the other lane waiting for my lane to change to green and she starts look at me and motioning with her eyes back. I look back and this cager has stopped literally less than a foot from my rear tire. What a jerk! I was fully stopped and my wife eased up 2 or 3 seconds after me.

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #6
SmithSwede
ninjette.org member

Name: Prescott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 BMW F800S; 2012 Ninja 250; 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, 2016 Triumph Street Triple Rx; 1996 Ducati 900 SS CR

If you can't let them pass you, try standing up on the pegs. Seems to really freak them out and they usually back off. Guess they think you are on the verge of crashing and don't want to run over you.
SmithSwede is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

the left hand down, shoo-shoo, slapity wave and the left hand down, palm down, up and down movements both seem to work for me
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #8
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

In Texas we do slam on the brakes just enough to let them know they are being idiots and they usually back off. I did not have anywhere to pull over other than the ditch, if my method didn't work I really was going to turn and let them pass. I think if I were to stand up on my pegs, they really would run over me since I probably would fall, since I haven't tried that yet, lol. I have had people really close behind before, but this one was too close and I was driving a little over the speed limit, go figure.

Old August 6th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #9
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

I start disrobing, that normally does the trick. Nobody wants to tailgate a male naked Asian. Nobody.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #10
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
I start disrobing, that normally does the trick. Nobody wants to tailgate a male naked Asian. Nobody.
not even gay people....
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

ive been tailgated for about a mile and a half by a huge hummer, literally 2 feet behind me the entire way. We were on 2 lane road each way with heavy traffic. After that mile and a half i saw an opening one car ahead of me in the other lane. This was the first and only time i lane splat, in the interest of my safety. The hummer then accelerates to get 2 feet away from the guy i was following. such an asshole
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #12
JustRidin
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6, 2015 KTM 250XC - Past: 2011 KTM 150XC, 2009 Ninja 250r, 2012 Ninja 650, 2007 CRF250R

Oh I can't blame you for being nervous. One stupid cager not paying attention can ruin a whole lot for you. Glad it was all ok.

Old August 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #13
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPanda View Post
I wanted him to stop tailgating me, not have a heartattack when he sees all the cellulite blowing in the wind, lol

I don't know why people feel that have to be so close while driving, that is definitely an accident waiting to happen.