Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #1
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

What is up with this month (mini rant)

Sorry for the wall of text but I need to vent

Every since August started nothing but bad/crappy things have been happening to me. First I was told I was getting a raise of $50/month... not much but still something to be excited to be about since I am literally a poor graduate student. My first paycheck with this raise comes in, its a wonderful $150 less than my normal paycheck. I flip out and see they are now taking out retirement. Then I get my insurance renewal in the mail for my car, it's now $400 more a year because I added my fiance on it and because he has a speeding ticket (that comes off in November) it shot up my insurance. Because again, poor graduate student and I never drive my car anymore I put it down to liability only with uninsured motorist protection. Then last weekend I was trying to check on a potential part time job to somehow make up for this pay difference, a car kicks up the meanest stone from hell and I get 2 nice quarter sized chips on my windshield, on the drivers side in my field of vision. I don't have glass coverage so I have to pay for a new windshield. Now today about an hour ago, I got pulled over and now have a traffic violation for running a stop sign. I never get off of this particular exit and almost all offramps in California are either a merge or traffic light. This one is a stop sign and a freaking dinky ass stop sign. I didn't see the sign, so I treat the offramp as a merge. Low and behold a CHP officer is right there, pulls me over and I now have a lovely ticket that I know is going to be $500 I don't have. Now it just isn't money things that are crappy, my research has been in the crapper for the past few weeks too. Ugh things just suck. I vote September starts tomorrow
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Cindy, sounds like you need a strong . Hope next month goes better for you!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #3
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Dam, August really did suck for you! You need some licker and some hugs

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #4
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Just tell yourself "it could always be worse." Works for me when ****** things happen.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #5
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

My August sucks too (though yours sounds worse hope it gets better for ya)... Bike is damaged so I'm unhappy about that and its going to cost money to get it ready again. Also have to buy some more gloves since my straps are on the verge of ripping. School starts soon and my books cost way too much. Tried to work at the same place I did last few months but it may not happen since the institution is changing (I really need the extra money). Bank keeps f ing up the paperwork on my bike and keeps threatening to make me get more expensive insurance when I already have what they want.
Man I'm gonna go slice some people up in ninja gaiden...feel my wrath as I release my stress...

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I think you need a group hug.
Take a ride on the bike to clear your mind and think about good days ahead.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #7
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Just tell yourself "it could always be worse." Works for me when ****** things happen.
Lol everytime I say that it does get worse.

Oh and almost forgot that this month I also got run off the road by a professor that is in the biochemistry department which is the department that I'm in. He ended up parking in the same lot that I do and he actually gave me a dirty look when I was getting off of my bike when he was the one thy changed lanes on top of me.

I think I need a vacation and just stay at home and do nothing until this curse wears off.

Thanks for the good vibes everyone it really helped cheer me up.

Old August 14th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #8
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

Since they are taking retirement, you will see a larger tax return in April, think of it as a little gift.

I think your fiance needs to make an extra $400 a year to give you.

Be sure to check most car insurances even PIP cover front windshield.

Get a court case for your ticket, and a receipt for the windshield. Show judge, tell him/her it just happened you were on way to try and fix and crack blocked stop sign.
Worth a shot.

Biochemistry, I'm sure there is a very creative way for payback in this situation. Just make sure its not fatal. You'll feel better.

Sometimes "live and let live" is best played out "live and kill"
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #9
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
I think I need a vacation and just stay at home and do nothing until this curse wears off.
How to cure a curse:
Run around the hose naked yelling ooga ooga ooga. Will make you feel better and the bf will love it.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #10
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab305 View Post
Since they are taking retirement, you will see a larger tax return in April, think of it as a little gift.

I think your fiance needs to make an extra $400 a year to give you.

Be sure to check most car insurances even PIP cover front windshield.

Get a court case for your ticket, and a receipt for the windshield. Show judge, tell him/her it just happened you were on way to try and fix and crack blocked stop sign.
Worth a shot.

Biochemistry, I'm sure there is a very creative way for payback in this situation. Just make sure its not fatal. You'll feel better.

Sometimes "live and let live" is best played out "live and kill"
Because I don't make a lot of money and I'm in school, they give students so many tax breaks that I end up getting all of my taxes back in my federal return.

Ryan has been trying to find a new job, but the job market here is so terrible it's extremely difficult to find work. His current place is awful, they treat their employees like crap and don't give out raises so a magic $400/month is impossible.

In terms of payback I believe in karma, what goes around comes around, that professor will get what he deserves eventually. He has a really obvious car too so that happens again I'm sure Ryan is going to bash a couple of mirrors.

As for court, I'm going to take pictures of the intersection, the signage is awful and there was a pickup truck in front of me. Unfortunately if I had a cracked windshield that day they would have ticketed me for a broken windshield. If this was some backroad I would expect poor signage, but this was an off ramp from a major freeway and also newly remodeled, there is a thin white line and 2 small stop signs. Heck I could be lucky and the officer doesn't show up, knowing my luck she will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
How to cure a curse:
Run around the hose naked yelling ooga ooga ooga. Will make you feel better and the bf will love it.
LOL I really don't know what to say to that.

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #11
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
How to cure a curse:
LMAO! I'll be sure to try this next time. Hehe!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #12
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
I moved out of california... Yes I miss the beach but I find living to be much better with a lot less elsewhere.
I can't wait to leave California. I never got a ticket or pulled over when I lived on the east coast... 8 years of driving there. I've been here for 4 years, and this will be my 3rd ticket thanks to the red light cameras (I turned right on red where it was allowed and I got a ticket) and being pulled over twice, never given a warning just an immediate ticket. My fiance almost got pulled over on his bike for going the speed limit, the cop was going the opposite direction, then quickly flipped around and followed him all the way to our apartment complex (I was in the car a few car lengths back). Seriously I hate this state.

Old August 16th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #13
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Around here isn't much better. They've got red light cams everywhere it seems, though by law they're required to post a warning sign before the intersection to notify us of the cam. They also, just like everywhere else, turned the yellow light times down to the minimum legal time, and in some cases less than the legal length (Dallas).

I fight fire with fire. I have a video cam on my helmet that rolls whenever I do. Can't wait to see the look on the cop's face when I produce video that directly refutes his testimony. Can we say Perjury? Judges really, really, really don't like being lied to.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #14
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

i'm sorry Cindy! Hope September will be a better month for you. But I do have to agree with you, this month is pretty crappy. I guess cuz Friday the 13th falls in this month...so it makes the entire month shyt.
Blackwidow is offline   Reply With Quote