ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Are you guys aware of F.lux?

You know when it's late at night, you take a look at your phone and it's blue light is bright as sh*t and makes you squint?

There is a solution to this for your computer monitor.

Install it: http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Then you find your longitude/latitude via zip code and you can make the brightness of your monitor go down as day turns to night.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old July 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i'm almost completely on the tablet now which has automatic light and hue adjustment based on actual light conditions, not time of day

Old July 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Jay72
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i'm almost completely on the tablet now which has automatic light and hue adjustment based on actual light conditions, not time of day
Alex, which one do you use if you don't mind me asking, my wife has an Ipad and I have been thinking about the Samsung Galaxy...any thoughts??

Thanks,

Jay
Jay72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
galaxy 10.1 tab. the first one. the new once is a lot faster.

if you buy it, get the accessories. there is a keyboard dock that makes it feel like a laptop. if you want to dump the real PC, youll want the SD card connector... they also make a USB host so you can plug in usb devices like thumbdrives or printers or whatever. donno what kind of screen is in the new one, but mine is nice and visible even in direct sunlight. only thing you cant see through is reflection but its gloss so you can tilt it a few degrees and not have the sun reflection. the touch screen i would rate as a 7/10. but i only rate the ipad as a 6/10 to give you perspective. i work with iphones, ipads, and android devices all day and honestly the galaxy tab is better than the ipad in every single way. the only thing that the ipad is better at is the whole airplay thing because apple makes their media devices that receive airplay. but that requires buying a ton of other crap, so stock, out of the box alone, galaxy (any android tablet really) is better than ipad.

but honestly i am really looking to get a nexus 7" tab. googles selling them for $200 and they are better than the galaxy if you are looking for a companion device instead of a pc replacement.

Old July 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Jay72
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Thanks Alex that is what I was hoping to hear. I was having a hard time deciding but your answer helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
galaxy 10.1 tab. the first one. the new once is a lot fater.

if you buy it, get the accessories. there is a keyboard dock that makes it feel like a laptop. if you want to dump the real PC, youll want the SD card connector... they also make a USB host so you can plug in usb devices like thumbdrives or printers or whatever. donno what kind of screen is in the new one, but mine is nice and visible even in direct sunlight. only thing you cant see through is reflection but its gloss so you can tilt it a few degrees and not have the sun reflection. the touch screen i would rate as a 7/10. but i only rate the ipad as a 6/10 to give you perspective. i work with iphones, ipads, and android devices all day and honestly the galaxy tab is better than the ipad in every single way. the only thing that the ipad is better at is the whole airplay thing because apple makes their media devices that receive airplay. but that requires buying a ton of other crap, so stock, out of the box alone, galaxy (any android tablet really) is better than ipad.

but honestly i am really looking to get a nexus 7" tab. googles selling them for $200 and they are better than the galaxy if you are looking for a companion device instead of a pc replacement.
Jay72 is offline   Reply With Quote