Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old January 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #1
RRTRIDER
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

2008 Passion Red Ninja 250R $3,700 - Northern Virginia

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...543918118.html

PM me for more pics or any questions. Thanks!
RRTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Date: 2010-01-08, 7:53PM EST
Reply to: sale-ptazu-1543918118@craigslist.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Passion Red Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Asking $3,700 cash, pretty firm on price.

No test rides, unless cash in hand and if I believe you are a responsible rider, with M endorsement on license, proper riding gear, show up in shorts and sandals and I will ask you to leave. You crash it, you buy it.

Reason for selling - This was my first sportsbike so I babied her. Wash and wax about every week or so. This is a great beginner sportsbike and I learned a tremendous amount about the rules of the road on two wheels and how to ride responsibly. I do not regret my decision for starting on a 250cc rather than jumping straight to the bigger displacement bikes because I know if I did start on a faster bike I would not be alive today. I use riding as my therapy and I do tend to push my limits often when I am stressed. Even though it is a 250cc, it is a quick little bike. I had to try very very hard not to speed and ride within my limit at times. If I could, I would keep this bike forever because it is a great commuter bike and I love the easy ride and flickability of it but I have an 05 CBR600RR already waiting for me

Miles - 2,308
2nd Owner since 788 miles properly broken in by previous owner, he was legit, RPM kept under 6k till 1k miles.
Both keys and manual included.
Always garaged kept, never seen rain, currently sitting on battery tender, fuel stabilizer, front/rear stands for winter.

Maintenance - 600 miles service done by previous owner at Kawasaki dealership, do not have service record but can contact previous owner for records. I personally did oil and filter change at 1,730 and 2,300 right before storage. She is now ready to switch to synthetic engine oil. Clean and lubed chain every 400 miles. I may have oil and filter receipts laying around somewhere, I will try my best to find them but I do keep a maintenance record log in the back of the manual. As you know, some unlucky 2008s have a problem with a malfunctioning fuel gauge, but I had this fixed at the dealership the first few days I bought her. The fuel gauge works perfectly and this is a plus as compared to other sportsbikes that have a temp gauge instead. I can call up the dealership for service records if need be.

This bike is a MINT condition sportsbike, not a scratch on her. She has never been layed down. Engine rides strong never abused, shifts perfectly, tires are still practically brand new, lots of tread left, brakes work perfectly, all lights, etc. work perfectly.

Modifications - I have ALL OEM parts included
Fully adjustable Woodcraft clipons - for more sportier aggressive riding position as compared to standard position. (must have for taller people so you will not feel so cramped on this lil bike)
Fully adjustable Cycle control rearset adjusters - for more sportier aggressive riding position, brings foot controls back and up. (must have for taller people so you will not feel so cramped on this lil bike)
Black aftermarket rider footpegs - the stock ones look like crap and this one feels more sturdy and looks better
Progrip carbon fiber/red gas tank protector - protects tank from scratches from jacket zipper
Full Shogun Frame slider kit - Shogun bar ends - not on bike but included cuz I am using Woodcraft bar ends at the moment, Shogun Frame sliders - protects frame and engine from damage if worse comes to worse and you crash. Shogun rear spools - if you have a spool rear stand, makes lifting the bike up easier for maintenance work.
Red reflective Rim stripes - for looks and more visibility when riding at night, safety is always a plus.

I am in no rush to sell so no low ballers please. I am pretty firm on price. I do know what the bike is worth and I think this is a great deal including the modifications. It is pretty hard to find another MINT 2008 Ninja in the area, this deal will not last. I put a lot of sweat and time into this bike. I have a few extra jacket and gloves I can sell to beginner riders. If you are in the area and a new rider, I'll be glad to help get you started. I also have the proper size washers if you plan to tune the carburetors (shim the needles). And if you know about motorcycles, you know it is smarter to buy a 2008 rather than 09-10 because the only changes are color scheme and a ridiculous price bump. Why pay a few G's more for the same bike?

Asking $3,700 cash only.

Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions at all. Thanks for looking and ride safe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (6.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 3kd3m43l35Oe5P45R3a18c91179fd00721017.jpg (6.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 3ke3m43l55Ob5P75R5a18a6a57d28ca261d28.jpg (7.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 3n83kd3l55Oe5P25R5a1845e3ee4b96a212bd.jpg (4.0 KB, 81 views)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #3
dkstariob
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): None

That's a cherry bike, good luck with the sale.
dkstariob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Nfiniti
ninjette.org member

Name: Nfiniti =)

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Let me know if you want to do a trade for my blue 08 with some extra cash =P
Nfiniti is offline   Reply With Quote