Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:35 AM   #1
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Sold My Bike

Yup... Sold the bike yesterday.
The ninja was fun to ride and own. I had so much fun on it. Will miss it a lot. I travel out of state pretty often so I'll be looking for something with a little more power on the highway. Maybe a 650R, SV650 or 02 gsxr. But before I look for a new bike I will have to hold on the money for a week or 2. My parents live in CT and they come down to jersey to visit us a lot. My dad drives a 98 windstar and my mom drives a 98 civic. My siblings and I decided that it's time to get them a new car because that windstar is very unreliable. Plus they are not getting younger. It's time to give back b4 it's too late. So, each one of us would put in 100/month to pay for the car. There are 5 of us. 500 should be good for a car payment. Anyhow, they came down this weekend and we took them to a toyota dealer and inteded to get them the corolla. We saw a good deal on a 09 mazda 6. It's a showroom model which mean we will have to take that car on the showroom. It's an 09 mazda 6 with leather, sunroof, navigation, bluetooth, power, memory, heated seats and start button. All the goodies. The original MSRP is 31000. They discounted the car to 24895. We were trying to get it down to 23000 but got a deal at 24500. My dad will put his windstar in to get the 3500 rebate from the gov't. 24500+ tax and dvm fee - gov't rebate = around 22-23k for an 09 mazda with 50 miles fully load. Not bad huh. The problem with this car is we don't think my parents would know how to use all the features like navigation and bluetooth. Anyways, I'm holding off on another bike until this deal is completed. If the dealer requires a down payment I'll use the money for the down payment. I hope the deal goes thru for them cuz I really want them to have this car.
How do I change my status?
Thanks,
Tin
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:59 AM   #2
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Edit your details in User CP in the toolbar above.
Trading in an old auto you can get up to $4,500 for recycling the clunker.
It's an Obama plan that is available now. Check into it.
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Im suprised the windstar gets less than an epa 18mpg. That cash for clunkers thing is hard to use,otherwise id buy a new car. It would be cool if it applied to american made motorcycles..

too bad the govt seems to think motorcycles are just toys and not efficient alternatives to a car.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #4
komohana
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

hey tin,
glad you all were able to get ma & pa the new ride.
am sure you'll make a 2-wheeled come back when everything's right...good luck

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #5
EngrNewf
Geeket

Name: Terri-Lynn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

aww that's so sweet. Hope you get a good bike soon!

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #6
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Good Luck Tin - check in now and then and let us know how you are doing.

Old July 27th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #7
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Thanks guys.
I'm not going anywhere. I'll stick around here if you guys don't mind.
I checked C.A.R.S.gov and they have the combine mpg for the windstar at 19mpg. The dealer says it should qualify. I don't know. I hope it qualifies. A 3500 saving is still better than nothing.

Old July 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #8
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Sounds like a great thing you are doing!

Old July 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM   #9
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

My parents got the car.
The dealer called and left a message yesterday.
We drove out to the dealership and saw a "sold" sign on the car with my mom's name on it. I'm so excited and happy for them.
My mom will take off work on friday to come to NJ to do the paper work.

Old July 29th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #10
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Congatualtions on selling the bike and good luck with everything.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Word of advice: Figure out a way to get the car paid off entirely right now. 5 siblings kicking in $100/month each for the next 60 months (or is it 72) is a trainwreck waiting to happen. What happens when one sibling loses their job, or decides to go back to school, or gets in a fight with your parents and no longer wants to subsidize their car? Thats 300 separate instances of $100 checks coming in, and the likelihood that every one of them will come in with no drama is right up there with, well, you pick the right particularly unlikely analogy. Who picks up the slack when one or more of them drops the ball 3 years from now?

Figure out which siblings have the $6K in cash right now, have them pay it in right now, either directly to your parents or into a separate savings account that can be drawn on for the car payment. For the ones that can't, consider having them put the $6K on one of their credit cards to get that cash and contribute it to the same account. No, credit card debt isn't optimal, but it provides some damn good incentive for those folks to pay it down as quickly as possible, with any luck in just a few months so any interest or fees will be minimal.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote