ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Multi-vehicle insurance policy

Hey guys, first off I did try searching and couldn't find a definitive answer to some of my questions. Trying to get some answers before I call Progressive tomorrow.

Here are some quick facts about my situation. I have employer Health insurance and insure one car and two motorcycles through Progressive in CA. I was looking through my policies today and noticed I have different coverages for each vehicle. My question is which coverages are "repetitive" as in which ones apply to the person and not the vehicle? For example, uninsured/underinsured coverage protects me if I'm hit as a pedestrian. For some odd reason, each of my policies have different amounts of coverage for this (would those amounts stack up btw?). Would my Med Pay apply to me or the vehicle I'm on that has it?

Another questions is it says my liability still kicks in when I'm driving non-owned vehicles. Will this apply to rental cars or just friend's cars. Thanks for any help!
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #2
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

AFAIK, car insurance policy is separate from motorcycle insurance policy for Progressive.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Call Progressive, and have them explain it completely until you're satisfied that you fully understand what they are providing. You can then decide to change or synchronize the policies if needed.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #4
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

^^^that

only an insurance agent can explain to your satisfaction
and easily too
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

The easiest thing to do is make them adjust your policies so they all match. The only difference in mine between cage and bike is hte deductible. Everything else is the same.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote