ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #1
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

what's up with people on craigslist

I saw an 08 ninja on craigslist so I emailed requesting more info. I emailed her 5 times before she got back to me. Spoke to her on the phone earlier this week. I agreed to stop by this Friday (today) to have a look. I've called her several times yesterday, txt her once and called her twice today. How does she expect to sell if she doesn't answer the phone or call back.
Does anyone get this or is it just me?
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #2
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Selling a bike on Craigslist can be a real PITA. You get millions of calls from people who have no real intention of buying the bike, they just want to "ask you a few questions" about it. Then you get the usual hundreds of calls from people who DO want to buy, but not at the price you're asking. Or the ones who show up to look at it, but don't bring any money. Or the dozens of people who want a test ride even though they have absolutely no experience riding a motorcycle.
This girl is probably tearing her hair out right about now and wondering if placing an ad on Craigslist was a good idea in the first place. If she knows you're serious you'll probably get a call back after she gets through dealing with all the deadbeats that are wasting her time right now.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I have gone through this as well...Its like do you want my money or not?
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #4
komohana
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 05 GSX-R 600 2003 EX250: Woodcraft Bars, Levers, Mirrors, Shim'd Mixture, Synthetic, '08 Rear Shock

those kinds of responses are the kinds that set off the scammer jammer...ya know?

Remember when sex was safe
and motorcycles were dangerous?
komohana is offline   Reply With Quote