ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 17th, 2015, 04:43 AM   #1
Ninjinsky
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Cager parking

This annoys me, combined with the way people park on the double yellows outside the supermarket entrance
pics 17 and 24 take the prize

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ctures-9255592

Wish I lived in America where everyone parks perfectly.
/irony
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:07 AM   #2
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post

Wish I lived in America where everyone is perfect.
You can always visit and maybe some will rub off on you.

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post
............ Wish I lived in America where everyone parks perfectly.
/irony
The only difference that you will see in America is that the steering wheel is located on the correct side of the car.

Great pictures !!!
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 17th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #4
corksil

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Every single one of those pictures... the same thought comes to mind. Picture this. A panicked driver, driving way too fast for such a congested area with children around and roaming freely with only the reckless abandon that a toddler could achieve.. Panicked driver comes swerving up to the closest entry point with direct access to a public bathroom.. The driver gets out, hops toward the door with that weird limp we've known personally all too well at one point in time or the other.. The driver hops with a quickness in their step toward the entrance of the retail establishment, only to realize that they did not close the driver side door to their vehicle.. Suddenly the expression on their face changes from torment to terror as they realize that they must indeed return to their vehicle to close the door that they left open in their haste.. and THEN! The moment we have all been waiting for! We now can observe the split second decision that happens in a brief instant, yet seemingly time stands STILL! They look once toward the entrance of the retail establishment containing a public bathroom, the fear of god in their eyes! They swing their head as if in slow motion back toward the open door of the vehicle they just piloted hastily into it's landing bay... Again, they shift their gaze to the door of the retail establishment.. Once more, back to the open door of the vehicle.

In that moment, the decision is made. Time enough to run back and close the door to lock the car? Or time enough to make a B-line directly into the public bathroom within the retail establishment?

I'm surprised that there were no doors left open or vehicles left unlocked in the pictures.

Shits and giggles aside, the picture of the tractor parked incorrectly just leads me to believe that when you drive a tractor of that size, you get to redefine the parking rules as necessary.

Hell, I have been known to park my excavator in some pretty strange places for the simple reason that "it wouldn't fit anywhere else."

This thread has led me to the newly learned understanding that crime must be worse in that country, because if I reallllly had to go to the bathroom that badly, I'd probably not wait long enough to roll up my windows and lock the truck. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and if I were in that desperate of a situation, I would indeed plan on dealing with thieves accordingly AFTER I had taken care of more urgent business.

The kind of gastrointestinal disturbance that inspires a man to take the time out of his day to REMOVE his shirt BEFORE sitting down.

Old May 18th, 2015, 05:23 AM   #5
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

With how people treat other people's property I am not surprised. You do your best to keep a vehicle nice and clean and some a$$hat comes and rams their car door into yours and then just leaves you with the damage to take care of. So I can see why people do this. However, this past weekend, while in NJ, I had a woman park next to my car and was parked diagonally. She was in her spot and half of mine, didn't even bother trying to straighten her car out just left it.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2015, 09:00 PM   #6
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old May 19th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #7
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Awesome gif!

Old May 20th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #8
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
http://YouParkLikeAnAsshole.com/

It's my belief that handicapped spots have the extra blocked-off areas around them not for lift/ramp access, but because they need that much space to actually park their cars.

But at least the Buicks that old handicapped people drive are ginormous so they're really easy to park...

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote