Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old September 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM   #1
Hasersys
ninjette.org member

Name: Hasersys

Motorcycle(s): Have owned Ninja250,EX500,Xj650,RD250,XV750

2" Raise dogbones

These were from http://burkhartcycle.com/
I belive they fit most years, 2" raise. Slightly used, scuffs def still operational. I am using a different setup now. Make and offer, + shipping.

image1 by hasersys, on Flickr
Hasersys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2017, 10:33 AM   #2
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Still have these?

Sounds like I may need them. Pretty sure that a gsxr rear shock will lower my bike, so these would raise it back to stock height.

Have to confirm this before I can order them from you though.

Thanks!

Old October 1st, 2017, 01:38 PM   #3
Hasersys
ninjette.org member

Yes I still have them, and that is why I have them as well. I can also measure eye to eye when I get home to let you know exact measurements.

Old October 1st, 2017, 02:11 PM   #4
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Did you put on a GSXR shock at some point? Thus requiring these..

Any reason you are selling them? I'm assuming you took off the shock or sold the bike or something like that. If you could give me a little more info it would be great.

I've heard the gixxer shock is not very hard to install -- simply cutting the under-cowl, using some washers to make up a gap during installation.. and also grinding down the clevis on the gixxer shock so that it fits as well. Is there anything more to it or is that about all?

I'll find a guide/DIY on here once the shock shows up and I'm ready to seriously think about this.

If those dogbones are the ones I need to make back up the lost ride height, I definitely want them. Perhaps you could give a little more info before I'm ready to buy.

Thanks!

Old October 1st, 2017, 02:51 PM   #5
Hasersys
ninjette.org member

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212903

I did the gsxr shock, and pregen to newgen front and rear swap. That made less clearance for my rear end, larger wheels. I made my own dog bones just a bit larger. Aside from spacers for clearance on the dog bones to miss the shock there isn't much els needed. I think had to drill out the mount on the shock to fit the ninjas mounts. It just takes some tweaking. I still have the bike and haven't rode it in a few months. After a ride over this summer I parked it and the floats got stuck open.. or at least I think. I haven't had time to tinker with it. I have a lot going on with preparing for some stuff at the moment, but the plan with my bike is to tear it down, clean it, and rebuild with fresh paint. Maybe a few little tweaks like retune, valve adjustment and new jets.

As for price I am not even really looking to cover the price of the part. They are $20 brand new, and honestly not worried about money. I was just cleaning the garage out. So if we can figure something out that cover the cost of shipping I'm fine with that. And I will go through EBay just cause it is easy that way and you would be protected. But like I said I ain't looking to make money. If you are welcome you are welcome to pick them up.

Old October 1st, 2017, 03:07 PM   #6
Hasersys
ninjette.org member

If you are local you are welcome to pick them up

Old October 2nd, 2017, 09:00 AM   #7
Hasersys
ninjette.org member