ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

View Poll Results: Why do you do trackdays?
Mostly for fun and to improve my skills 25 73.53%
I want to go faster and reduce my lap times 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 30th, 2015, 08:04 AM   #41
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I have always heard people say "If you try to ride a sport bike to even 1/2 its potential on the street you are either crazy or dead!" I used to ride faster than I should on the street and rush turns harder than was safe. After a couple of near crashes and a few close calls I realized there was no Safe way to go any faster/harder on the street and I do not want to die/wind up crippled or hurt/kill anyone else(at least not this way!). I actually stopped riding for a few years because I was riding totally crazy/ reall stupid squid stuff. Once I felt I could ride responsibly again--and had the money--I bought a bike/brand I had always wanted to own. About the same time not 1 but 2 tracks opened within a 20 mile radius of my home (FATE?). As I began to get more comfortable on my new bike and started to edge closer to doing some of the stupid things I used to do, I had the oppertunity to hit the track.
There is nothing in street riding that compares to riding on the track. They say no speed limits and that works both ways max and min. The most common worry I hear from people who have never been to the track is that they dont think they will be fast enough. You have freedom to ride your pace and the person passing is responsible for safely passing you---no worries. No worries would proably best describe why I ride the track. No cops, no sand/gravel, no oncoming cage in my lane, no stop lights.......the list is endless! I can go out and ride as fast as I want to wether a nice slow lap to "feel" out the lines or as all out fast as I am capable of getting around the track, its totally up to how I feel and how I want to ride (within reason). I went to my first track day and I have been waiting for my next track day ever since!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.