ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 21st, 2024, 02:55 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

My Triumph 750 won't start !!!

yep I guess that gasoline is too old now.... what's the world comming to that gas won't last more than 2 years with Sta-bul 360 in it !?!?!?! LOL
so I decided to pull the carbs and clean them....
that led to having to pull the gas tank because a carb stud that was supposed to stay in the head came out with the carb.... so I got that out finally and cleaned it up and then put lock tight on it and put it back in.
I have both carbs off now and in the shop ready to tear apart.... I dumped the fuel out of both of them onto a rag ....it didn't smell bad but it evidently is !
..... I put 2.5 gals of fresh gas in the tank yesterday ...i guess I should have drained the tank completely before I did that but I didn't think about it.
..... before I pulled the carbs I tried to start it and only got it to fart once.
so I pulled the air cleaners and hit it with quick start(either) and got it to fire on that... but it would not continue to run even after 3 tries.... so I figure all the gets are plugged with varnish and they need to be cleaned real good
that bike almost always fires up and idles great within 3 kicks but after about 20 kicks (with my boots on) I gave up !
so.... running the Ninja down the street and back got put on hold for now
the Ninja is still cold blooded but fires up ok it just wants to be warm before it takes throttle good like it should. I wonder if that is because the pilot jets need opened up a tad more ? any ideas?????
Kicking that Big O'l Triumph is alot of work for this old man ! LOL
I really appreciate the XR650L because it has a electric start !!!

Bob........