Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old February 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM   #41
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Even though I'm only a block away, I've hesitated going to Mira Mesa bike night in San Diego because I haven't seen any other 250 riders. The few Thursday nights I have happened to ride my bike to the store there I seem to get a lot of stares when I drive right past them and park on the other side of the lot to go in the store instead. Does anyone here go there?
No, but I do go to OCmoto events and bike nights. I am usually the only 250 rider but don't worry. From my experience people are quite nice and I actually got many compliments on my ninjette

What does the group mostly consist of? (streetfighters, sport bikes, touring, HDs)
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #42
pedaltothemetal
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Plasma Blue 2008 Ninja 250R, 2006 Honda Ruckus 180cc swap, 1967 BMW R60US, 2008 Ninja ZX-14se

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Even though I'm only a block away, I've hesitated going to Mira Mesa bike night in San Diego because I haven't seen any other 250 riders. The few Thursday nights I have happened to ride my bike to the store there I seem to get a lot of stares when I drive right past them and park on the other side of the lot to go in the store instead. Does anyone here go there?
I am also the only 250 rider most of the time too, but guess what! A lot of them started on a 250 and have nothing but good memories of it. Could be why they stare cause if they had a 1st gen they love to see the 2nd gen. And others think it's a 600.

Found a great meetup group in your area to mingle and ride with.
http://www.meetup.com/sandiegosportbikemeetupgroup/
pedaltothemetal is offline   Reply With Quote