ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old March 30th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1
empyrean
pwned noob

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250

Botanical Gardens - Birmingham, AL

Ahh! It's Spring time! The sun is out. The roads are calling, and Ms. Stealth has been itching to get out. Well, more like screaming at me from under her cover.

So, I set up a little impromptu ride to the Botanical Gardens on my Ninjette with a friend of mine on his new Honda CBR1000. It was gorgeous day. Albeit quite windy, we had a great time.

I finally have been able to get out and ride!! Yes, it's been almost a year sine I bought my bike. And for those of you who know, I had a pretty nasty shoulder injury that resulted in surgery. Then it go cold. Then I lost my job. So, my bike has been quietly sitting waiting.

The wait is over. First time getting out, I rode down the treacherous 280 with the wind not at my back, but rather fighting at my side. All went well, though! It's great to be back out again!

I went out later than night to go see some friends. Parked her in the parking lot and lo and behold, someone knocked the poor old girl over. Long live the riding, yeesh.

Well, someone fixed her up, I was able to get her home, rode her to work today, and took her down to Russell's Sport Bike Shop downtown. I can't believe I actually made it there, even with all the traffic that I had to traverse through.

But, regardless, glad to be out!!! (oh, and I just got my insurance on my bike FRIDAY. The day before I went out riding. And the night before my bike lost to some idiot trying to park in my spot.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike-ride-0310.jpg (82.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bike-ride-0310-2.jpg (127.2 KB, 19 views)

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sorry someone knocked your bike over!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #3
JokerSeven
Ride it like you stole it

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '04 R6(sold)

Ya I know what ya mean about the 280. I'm just south of you. Its bad here too.
JokerSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 08:47 AM   #4
empyrean
pwned noob

Jeremy, where are you located? I took the 280 to Russell's Speed Shop yesterday. First time on my bike and in traffic. But, since it IS the 280, it was inevitable.

Old March 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Here's hoping this year you will get to do more riding and the season will be uneventful (safe that is).
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 10:30 AM   #6
empyrean
pwned noob

Thanks, Snake!

Here's hoping I don't throw any more balls for dogs, keep my knee brace on while I exercise and steer VERY clear of any more surgeries.

Old March 31st, 2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by empyrean View Post
Thanks, Snake!

Here's hoping I don't throw any more balls for dogs, keep my knee brace on while I exercise and steer VERY clear of any more surgeries.
And don't move the bike with high heels on. lol
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 11:24 AM   #8
empyrean
pwned noob

HAHAHAHAAH! You are SO right, my dear.

Old March 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM   #9
JokerSeven
Ride it like you stole it

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '04 R6(sold)

Quote:
Jeremy, where are you located? I took the 280 to Russell's Speed Shop yesterday. First time on my bike and in traffic. But, since it IS the 280, it was inevitable.
I'm just south of Opelika, in Smiths Station. 280 runs through the middle of town. Down here we call it the "Dixie Die-way".
JokerSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #10
empyrean
pwned noob

Nice, that's classic. Yeah, I have learned, even while driving, that NO ONE pays attention while they drive out here.

Old March 31st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #11
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

Someone tried to park on your Bike? That sucks......
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 01:18 PM   #12
empyrean
pwned noob

Pretty Much. Pulled in, pushed her over, pulled out and parked elsewhere. Really did some damage to the cowling, the handle bar, took off one of the back foot pegs, really dinged up my pipes.... etc. Even squished the shifter in so far that I couldn't shift.

Someone helped me unbend her and I got her home. She's at the shop getting estimated. Poor thing.

But, when I get her back into shape, where it has the red Devlshone stickers... that's going to say 'OMG! PWNIE!' That will go grand with my shirt that says "I PWN Boys" and my tag that says "IPWNEDU".

Old March 31st, 2010, 04:23 PM   #13
empyrean
pwned noob

Looks like the insurance company wants to total my bike. I'm not sure what I should do. should I total her, get the money and use it to fix her up so that she looks better and get a salvaged title? I can still ride her, but the handle bar is all messed up and the front cowling needs to be replaced. and the back left foot peg needs to be reattached.

Most of the rest of it is just some cosmetic damage, really. I think that the speedometer needs to be fixed, too. I doubt that I'm riding at 70 MPH and cars are passing me on the 280.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Old March 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM   #14
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Your brave. B-ham traffic sucks.

Old March 31st, 2010, 08:59 PM   #15
kkim

Quote:
Looks like the insurance company wants to total my bike. I'm not sure what I should do. should I total her, get the money and use it to fix her up so that she looks better and get a salvaged title? I can still ride her, but the handle bar is all messed up and the front cowling needs to be replaced. and the back left foot peg needs to be reattached.

Most of the rest of it is just some cosmetic damage, really. I think that the speedometer needs to be fixed, too. I doubt that I'm riding at 70 MPH and cars are passing me on the 280.

Any suggestions are welcome!
How about some pics of the damage?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2010, 09:15 PM   #16
empyrean
pwned noob

@Cedilla - yes, it does (the 280 traffic). But I seem to be doing pretty well with it. I have also noticed that it has made me a better driver.

@kkim - once I get her back, I will take pix of the damage.

Old March 31st, 2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
@Cedilla -I have also noticed that it has made me a better driver.
Traffic has just made me more bitter and hateful. lol these are my "traffic signals"