ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old August 25th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #1
lemmiwinkz
?Why so serious?

Name: Jose

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

New Here (San Diego) + Pics

hi there! Just joined this forum a couple minutes ago and decided to post up some pics of my wonderful ride.

Short background of me: I'm a graduate student at SDSU who started riding a few months ago. After lots of research, MSF course, etc. I decided that the best ride for me would be the 08 250. So far it seems like I made the right choice and am very happy with my ride!

mods:
-bikelitez led front turn signals
-bikelitez ss no cut fender eliminator+led blinkers

in box waiting to be opened:
-corbin seat (weee)

thanks everyone, i hope to get to know all of you!

lemmiwinkz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

lemmiwinkz!

Nice pics of your bike! Please post up when you get the Corbin put on; I'd be very interested to hear if it makes the bike more comfortable for you. I've popped your pics up into the forum gallery (info here).

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #3
JCCJMM_
ninjette.org member

Name: John-Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Awesome ride!
I really dig the Kawasaki green!
Welcome to the forum.
JCCJMM_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #4
dw8
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): None

Welcome! Love the green.
dw8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #5
247Blackout
*vroom vroom*

Name: Jnet

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Nice bike! I lived in San Diego when I went to UCSD. Started riding in college too, great roads especially the ones that leads you to some pie in Julian!. Be sure to check out www.hypercycles.org for the San Diego riding community.
247Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #6
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Dude! I'm diggin' it!!! Nice ride! I love the new 08's, especially in green!

Welcome to the forum!

Travis

Old August 28th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #7
lemmiwinkz
?Why so serious?

Name: Jose

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! i'm very happy to have joined such a cool community.

Blackout, thanks so much for the link, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I will get some pics up with the corbin on! the ride from bakersfield to san diego left me hurting, so I'll let you know the comfort changes the seat brings.
lemmiwinkz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM   #8
buffnymo
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Mod's

Thanks for the pics of your mod's. Do you have any web links for the front signals and fender elimination kit? I'm looking to do both of these mod's myself but am still shopping. I can't find any flush mount signals that will work with the 08. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
buffnymo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:49 PM   #9
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 690sm, ex250, kdx200, nc50, z50

Nice 08... Lucky!!.. My current 250 is a black one, I tried to find a green one, but no luck and then this low milage 07 turned up and the rest is how they say... history, Those 08s are sure nice

Now about that fender eliminator... Ok someone has to be the old fuddy duddy here. The police will not like it, I bought a used bike that had the same set up a few years ago, While I must admit it is the best looking way to tidy up the rear, you don't want to be on the side of the road trying to talk your way out of a speeding ticket while you are displaying a minor case of "hide the license plate"

Occasionaly the CHP or local sheriff's deputy will un-officially "inspect" the bikes at Alices on the weekends, looking for equipment violations, exhaust, turn signals mirrors etc. A Fascist/Nazi tactic employed to cut down on the fun factor of motorcycling, while the law pertaining to license plate placement is vague and unclear, I prefer not to argue with "The Man" over these minor issues, preferring to save my tickets for "truly evil speed crime"*

I think your bike looks great and if you ever find yourself this far north, it would be pleasure to show you some of the local roads.

Enjoy the Ride, Mark

**courtesy of BB

Old September 4th, 2008, 04:22 AM   #10
dw8
ninjette.org member

Seeing how you live in the "country" of California, the rest of us don't really have a problem with eliminating the rear fender. I do believe there is a right and a wrong way to do it. For instance, Lemmiwinks is done wrong. Once he sits on the bike, the plate disappears. Not too mention there is no light shining on it at night. He's just begging to get pulled over. I've seen many of 08's that have the plate up under the taillight that look great. I've got the fender eliminated on my 07. The only thing I don't have are red side reflectors.

Old September 4th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The rear end of the 08 is a bit stiffer than the 1st gen, and there is much more open space up above the rear tire to begin with, so it's possible that his plate does not sink below the tire, and is still somewhat visible from the rear. The laws are pretty vague, and it is up to the LEO's discretion about whether the plate is visible enough, but the lack of a license plate light isn't vague; that's pretty cut and dried. That said, I didn't have a license plate light on several of my bikes with fender eliminators and have never had an issue. The 1st-gen 250 does have that neat feature where you can pull off that part at the bottom of the rear brake light for a makeshift license plate light; AFAIK that isn't possible on the 2nd-gen.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old September 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #12
dw8
ninjette.org member

True, it isn't possible to make the light like on the 1st gen. But the wiring for the light is there. He just didn't want to use it. His bike doesn't have to drop very far down to put that plate at an unreadable angle. But to each their own.

Old September 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #13
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Dan, your fender job looks great, I don't think you will have a problem anywhere with that setup, I have removed the red reflectors on my "other" bike because it looks to be an afterthought thrown on on it's way out of the factory.

I am going to leave my rear end alone on my 250 not because I am an old geezer (somewhat) but rather looking at resale value when I finally get a next generation bike, I avoid bikes with "farkles" when shopping for something used, "no sir, my wife just drove it to church on Sundays" that's my sales pitch

Mark

Old September 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #14
dw8
ninjette.org member

That is why I have a spare stock rear fender hanging on the wall.

Old September 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Mark View Post
I am going to leave my rear end alone on my 250 not because I am an old geezer (somewhat) but rather looking at resale value when I finally get a next generation bike, I avoid bikes with "farkles" when shopping for something used, "no sir, my wife just drove it to church on Sundays" that's my sales pitch
Not a bad idea in general, but not necessary with a Ninjette. If priced correctly, it will sell in hours regardless of whether there is a fender chop or not. And it would be a rare buyer who would pay extra (even $100) if the fender is stock. We're blessed with a bike with tremendous resale value that is easy as pie to sell quickly, pretty much no matter how it has been taken care of...

I had a similar kit on our 2004 Ninjette:

Old September 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #16
JCCJMM_
ninjette.org member

Name: John-Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Here is a shot of my bike's rear end.

I just trimmed the fender down a bit with my cordless dremel.
Finished it out by sanding it smooth and painting the edges.

I have since put some 3M Reflexlite tape on the back to serve as reflectors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike 2.jpg (90.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bike7.jpg (89.0 KB, 4 views)
JCCJMM_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #17
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Good point Alex, I almost overlooked the bobbed fender of a green one I was looking at, It's the green I tell ya, it makes me do crazy stuff

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #18
SV-Mark
Never enough time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8 View Post
That is why I have a spare stock rear fender hanging on the wall.
Touche'

Old September 5th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #19
dw8
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-Mark View Post
Touche'

Old October 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #20
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Fender Mods.

I took the square reflector off the bottom of the fender and replaced it with a quick flashing red LED with six LEDs. It takes two AA batteries with a runtime of 300 hours. They are made by Blackburn and are made for bicycles. Was cruising on Coastal Rte#1 in broad daylight when I heard a police siren yelp behind me. I pulled over and started going for my license, registration, and insurance card, when the trooper said, "Didn`t mean to scare you, but where did you get that great light? I saw you two miles away." Turns out he has a red 08 Ninjette. He really wanted a green one like mine. He has since put one of those lights on his. I have also mounted two driving lights on the front of my Ninjette. I want to show a white triangle forward so that I am not mistaken for a "one eyed car" The LED driving lights are 20W each and only use 1W of power. They also are also less prone to failure due to vibration than halogen lamps--even though halogen lamps are brighter. My experience from riding about 4000 miles a year on a road racing bicycle is that one needs to take every opportunity available to be seen. An aside: My road racer is worth $1500.00 more than my Ninjette.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2009, 02:41 PM   #21
watcanido
ninjette.org member

Name: Jhaqui

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Welcome! Nice bike dude! was it hard to install? did you put in resistors front and back lights? and where did you mount them? close up pics please...
watcanido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM   #22
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Quote:
True, it isn't possible to make the light like on the 1st gen. But the wiring for the light is there. He just didn't want to use it. His bike doesn't have to drop very far down to put that plate at an unreadable angle. But to each their own.
Although i wouldn't want this plate kit, it does have a plate light and sigs. included. They are on this bike . just hard to see.
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM   #23
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

I was literally just saying, "Oh cool, a new guy in San Diego!"... Then I looked at the OP's post dates :P
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2009, 11:26 PM   #24
kkim

did you see there's another member in your area on the member's map?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM   #25
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

Well yes and no... He's NOT a new member, I was pointing out that this thread wasn't made recently it was made like 6 months ago. Furthermore he hasn't signed ON since August, 2008 Might explain why he's not on the member map
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM   #26
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

SAN DIEGO SUCKS!

Just kiding Welcome Wish I could still call SD home
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:18 AM   #27
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM   #28
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
... For instance, Lemmiwinks is done wrong. Once he sits on the bike, the plate disappears. Not too mention there is no light shining on it at night...
I see a notch in the center of the turn signal bar which I'm pretty sure is a built-in plate light. It makes sense for such a thing to include, it looks like it does, and it's not like he couldn't connect the plate light just as easily as the signals beside it, so why assume he didn't?

Granted, this is so old that neither of you appear to be around anymore, but I still want to point out the assumption.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:15 PM   #29
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

welcome Jose!

Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
welcome Jose!
Note: August 25th, 2008, last sign in was 2008. I think we should be bidding him adieu.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #31
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Name: poop

Motorcycle(s): Nike Hyperdunks

welcome man! word to another SD rider...
yes this a thread jack but i'm desperate!

HELP! yes, I'm spamming everyone from SD because I need help...
I finally found a ninja that I can afford, but I don't have a way to transport it.
I just passed my MSF so no license to ride it yet because it's in the mail and the seller has it registered as non-op...

If anyone could help me out, please email me asap kyug35@gmail.com with your number.
I need a truck with ramps / straps.. I'll pay you in gas + beer.
Chula Vista to Carmel Valley area....
Godzilla35 is offline   Reply With Quote