ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old December 18th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1
wild-bill
seeking twisties

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 650R, '09 250R special edition

Gerbing's S2 heated gloves.

Last night UPS brought the goods. I charged the batts and rode today. Gerbing's does not recommend the 7volt heated clothing for riding-it doesn't provide enough heat for riding at speed. But I didn't want to have to be "plugged in" to the bike. The temp was 48 deg when I started riding(took the 650R today). I put the gloves on 50% power 'cause the batt charge would not last thru the day at 100%-planned on 200 miles. At 50%, you can barely feel the warmth. But it's much better than no heat at all. After visiting my friend, I rode without heat for awhile so I could save the battery power for later. Hands were getting cold! It was about 54 degrees, but as more miles passed by, my whole body was getting colder, except the torso area-I had the Gerbing's battery powered vest. With 40 miles to go, I put the gloves on 100% and hoped they would not go dead before I got home. They lasted for the rest of the ride. At 100%, they are adequate, but not super toasty warm. If you're not riding, they are very warm. But at 70mph, that changes. I'm afraid they may not be enough below 40 degrees. But it's so much better than non heated gloves. I wish Santa would bring me a pair of the also $200 Gerbing's heated socks-my feet were getting awful cold near the end of the ride.

Old December 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #2
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

gerbs

Just came on your thread...
I took my first long cold ride today with the...T-3's i think...corded.
About 250 miles over 5 hours...temps started at 26, peaked at 37, back to32 and the gloves were, as predictable..warm to warmer. I have the on-off switch, no stat and, yup...over 70 the temp drops. All on highway, they semd to drop @ 70-ish but not drop off any further...we ran maybe 65 miles @ 80-90 and while gloves were cool....just about like riding in summer, fast, with no gloves. I'm more than happy with them.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote