Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:39 PM   #801
Super-Tune
ninjette.org member

Name: Super Tune

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
With all the latest problems with the TB that have surfaced (rotting rubber bushings, TB popping out, fuel in the MAP sensor, etc.) I have decided to abandon the thought of trying to save the ecotrons TB. What I said from the start is that it had to be at least as reliable as the carburetors for me to use it, and while this was promised, the kit has not even come close to the reliability of the carbs based on the facts you guys have reported here.

If I fix the fuel rail, then I would have to drill and tap a new vacuum port. After that, there will be something else. I know you guys have just used the plastic injector housings, but you have fatigued the plastic and/or used low pressure tubing to do it. I have also noticed that one of the electrical connectors for the fuel injectors on my wiring harness is not the right one to fit the injector.

Basically, I haven't decided on whether I will be selling the kit to someone who isn't as picky about reliability, or trying to buy an OEM TB and use that. So far, with the exception of the fuel tap, 99% of the kit's problems could be solved with a properly designed TB.
Welcome to the growing list of very disappointed owners of the Ecotrons EFI parts.

I smell a class action lawsuit coming. Look around and you will see nothing but problems with this stuff. You get suckered into buying what is supposed to be a plug and play kit and get a plug and pray kit at best as one of the members here stated.

It would be nice to have a little support but if you read their disclosure, you are on your own and it all but says, expect to have problems. This is taken directly from their terms and conditions.

"Safety Disclaimer

Using an Ecotrons EFI kit on a small engine, for example, on a motorcycle, is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or damage. "

No business by the name of Ecotrons is registered in the State of MI. and their suite is a UPS store PO box. You will never get a physical address out of them because it's in China. http://www.yikecx.com/

These kits are all over forums like this trying to get owners to do all the R&D in return for a discount. I don't think anyone here has theirs running correctly yet. If you send any cal files back you can just assume they will be copied and redistributed without your permission.

I have already contacted my attorney and if anyone else is as disappointed in what they received as I am you may want to join in getting your money back.
Super-Tune is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM   #802
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Tune View Post
Welcome to the growing list of very disappointed owners of the Ecotrons EFI parts.
Its starting to look like I waited too long to sell the thing.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #803
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:

I smell a class action lawsuit coming. Look around and you will see nothing but problems with this stuff. You get suckered into buying what is supposed to be a plug and play kit and get a plug and pray kit at best as one of the members here stated.

It would be nice to have a little support but if you read their disclosure, you are on your own and it all but says, expect to have problems. This is taken directly from their terms and conditions.

"Safety Disclaimer

Using an Ecotrons EFI kit on a small engine, for example, on a motorcycle, is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or damage. "

No business by the name of Ecotrons is registered in the State of MI. and their suite is a UPS store PO box. You will never get a physical address out of them because it's in China. http://www.yikecx.com/

These kits are all over forums like this trying to get owners to do all the R&D in return for a discount. I don't think anyone here has theirs running correctly yet. If you send any cal files back you can just assume they will be copied and redistributed without your permission.

I have already contacted my attorney and if anyone else is as disappointed in what they received as I am you may want to join in getting your money back.
Man what are you talking about? Only real problem we have been having is the MAP sensor getting fuel in it. And i placed mine in a safe spot so i havent had that issue. Some have had issues with this too and Matt has been really helpful figuring this out and bound to come up with something.

Issues that ppl have had ( for ppl i mention take no reguard to it since ur doing custom work or tuning)

For the fitting of pulleys and cables ppl have takin it upon themselves to try different methods to suit their needs. Guy u quoted only has been having issues bc he has been making a fuel rail (which is not needed) with all the stuff provided in the "plug and play kit"

Issues with the petcock was me adn could have been my fault bc of the istallation but ended rerouting the fuel else where.

Guy with the rubber boot coming off could be bc of fuel issue. Could be but yes the fuel is eating away at it and could be replaced with another material and poping off could also be his fuel issues.

Ppl that have had issues are bc they have gone beyond the plug and play kit and started making it their own.

As for parts if any of us has had any issues with any parts Matt has been really great helping us out and if we need replacement parts bc of manufacturing issues or anything else. 1 year warrenty has been really helpful and plus the 10 plus others have been helping Matt and Ecotrons make a more reliable kit.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #804
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:

"Safety Disclaimer

Personally I feel this is a little extreme. I was fully aware before purchasing this kit that it was experimental at best. It didn't take much of a keen eye to see that the throttlebody was simply two single throttle bodies adapted into one. Even reading through the thread where another member had already successfully installed this kit it was apparent that this kit was not exactly going to be an easy conversion. When I purchased the kit I was already prepared to have to put in quite a bit of work and that's something I did not mind. Is the kit perfect? No, but it's certainly an option available if you are willing to put the time and work into the kit itself to make a fuel injected motorcycle. Long ago I figured I was more or less part of the R&D for this product and I did not mind that at all. I'm just happy to have a working fuel injection kit on my Ninja in which I now am just as satisfied, if not more than I was with my Ninja running on carburetors. Each problem that is arising is getting addressed very quickly by Matt which is a huge plus in my book and it's a collective effort to get things working as smoothly as possible. I've never dealt with another business ever that was willing to go through the trouble that Matt has for many of us with each of our individual issues and questions. If people have a problem with the integrity of this kit, then by all means, stay away from the product. Those willing to take the risk are welcome to do so since the more minds working around this product and collaborating, the better the product will eventually become.

I understand that we all have our opinions about everything in this world, but I am disappointed that some people feel it necessary to take this step. I for one will not be joining in this effort as I am not unsatisfied with my kit.

On a lighter note @choneofakind she's actually running pretty good right now! I haven't had any problems at all for quite some time. Those freaking O2 sensors though... Man... We'll see. First I need to get some money haha, I think with my savings and checkings combined I've got about $30 to my name right now my next purchase is going to be Mass Effect too so there goes what little bit I'm going to earn this weekend and stuff. So maybe in a few more weeks when I have the money again I'll begin to think about it... For the 5th or 6th time lol...

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM   #805
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Personally I feel this is a little extreme. I was fully aware before purchasing this kit that it was experimental at best. It didn't take much of a keen eye to see that the throttlebody was simply two single throttle bodies adapted into one. Even reading through the thread where another member had already successfully installed this kit it was apparent that this kit was not exactly going to be an easy conversion. When I purchased the kit I was already prepared to have to put in quite a bit of work and that's something I did not mind. Is the kit perfect? No, but it's certainly an option available if you are willing to put the time and work into the kit itself to make a fuel injected motorcycle. Long ago I figured I was more or less part of the R&D for this product and I did not mind that at all. I'm just happy to have a working fuel injection kit on my Ninja in which I now am just as satisfied, if not more than I was with my Ninja running on carburetors. Each problem that is arising is getting addressed very quickly by Matt which is a huge plus in my book and it's a collective effort to get things working as smoothly as possible. I've never dealt with another business ever that was willing to go through the trouble that Matt has for many of us with each of our individual issues and questions. If people have a problem with the integrity of this kit, then by all means, stay away from the product. Those willing to take the risk are welcome to do so since the more minds working around this product and collaborating, the better the product will eventually become.

I understand that we all have our opinions about everything in this world, but I am disappointed that some people feel it necessary to take this step. I for one will not be joining in this effort as I am not unsatisfied with my kit.
Yeah i know i love my kit. It was just about plug and play and Matt was always there to help out for all my questions. I have over 700 miles on my kit and i DD my bike. So thats saying something.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #806
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
Yeah i know i love my kit. It was just about plug and play and Matt was always there to help out for all my questions. I have over 700 miles on my kit and i DD my bike. So thats saying something.
Much the same here, I mean I've had my problems as I'm sure you've had as well, but I certainly didn't find it worth taking such a serious step over. Not sure how many miles I've got on my kit, probably somewhere around 900-1200 or so but I truly have no idea, I just know I've cleaned my chain 3 times with the kit on at 400 miles a piece.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM   #807
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Much the same here, I mean I've had my problems as I'm sure you've had as well, but I certainly didn't find it worth taking such a serious step over. Not sure how many miles I've got on my kit, probably somewhere around 900-1200 or so but I truly have no idea, I just know I've cleaned my chain 3 times with the kit on at 400 miles a piece.
i do 500 for my chain and tomorrow im going to do mine so im actually at 1000. so yea its been reliable for me at least with no problems to arrise from the MAP getting fuel but i think it got it fixed. Might add a little fuel filter to keep fuel from fulling penetrating the sensor.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:39 PM   #808
n4mwd

Quote:
... Guy u quoted only has been having issues bc he has been making a fuel rail (which is not needed) with all the stuff provided in the "plug and play kit"
I strongly dispute that statement. Yes, you can make it run by using low pressure tubing that is kinked or by bending the plastic barb beyond tolerance limits. A jerry-rigged bike like that may be acceptable to some people, but not to me or anyone wanting a reliable system.

The Ninja was designed to work with two throttle cables - accel and decel. To do that, we are supposed to install the TB upside down and hook the decel cable over a tab that was never meant for that purpose. If you want the TB installed right side up, you have to make a bracket. If you want to use both cables, you need to replace the pulley.

Plug and play means that I can just go out and bolt it up and ride off into the sunset. This kit is no where near plug and play. The only thing advertised as not being plug and play was the welding of the bungs. We were never told of the need to design and engineer new pulleys, fuel rails and vacuum ports.

The EFI module doesn't even come preprogrammed. All the maps should be in there already. They weren't.

Also, I noticed that the OP Jiggles has got working fuel injection on his bike now. But not with the ecotrons kit. He did it by purchasing a Ninja 650.

So yes, I am a very dissatisfied customer who paid $480 for a plug and play kit and has nothing to show for it.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #809
Super-Tune
ninjette.org member

n4mwd is the only member here that I see taking a safe approach to the install so he doesn't have severe issues down the road. A 42psi EFI system being held together with non barbed fittings on the pump or regulator is an issue waiting to happen.

Has anyone honestly done before and after Dyno testing?

Maybe the safest approach is what some have done... toss it back in the box it arrived in. These were perfectly engineered Japanese bikes that had less issues than they have now.

Honestly, I am exhausted working with Ecotrons and am being told I must pay for tech support. Tech support for an ECU and software that has been updated more times than I can count. That's were I lost it and contacted my attorney.

I wish you the best of luck with your kits but if it has issues causing you and your bike serous injury, you already know Ecotrons is not going to stand behind you.

Safety Disclaimer

Using an Ecotrons EFI kit on a small engine, for example, on a motorcycle, is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or damage. Therefore, you should fully wear all protection ware and exercise all appropriate safety precautions.
In using Ecotrons EFI kit to control the small engine you have, you understand and agree that Ecotron LLC, its officers, employees, agents or volunteers are not liable or responsible for any injuries or damage which may result from your using the product. If you do not agree, do not use this product.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #810
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

It may not be perfect but I definitely knew there were going to be problems and things to work on. Kawasaki spent a ton of time and money working on a perfect design. I can agree that the idea of "plug and play" may have been exaggerated but ALL of these issues come from the fact that we choose to use a throttlebody that was retrofitted to work on the 250. It wasnt designed for it. It "works" but its not designed for it like the OEM throttlebody.

I've had zero problems with the rest of the kit. The sensors and ECU is great and very programmable. The wiring harness is wrapped perfectly and has perfect reach everywhere you need it.

Finally, Matt is by far one of the best customer service guys i've worked with. He responds quickly and sends replacement parts whenever something needs replacing.

I dont treat Ecotrons like a big name like Kawasaki. I treat it like a small company that's done some things right and is trying to get into having a kit to convert a new modeled bike to EFI. It takes some effort and engineering.

Sure, I'm frustrated and yes I feel that the kit has taken me much longer and much more effort for plug and play to get running in a way where I am happy with it BUT no way is it so serious that I would take any kind of action towards the company. They've been nothing but helpful.

In the end, If you dont like the kit, go ahead and return it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it or install it if you are not happy with the system. If you choose to "work" on it and install it, you will be part of a small community of hobbyists and explorers attempting something new.

Please dont make this thread a rally for your own purposes.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM   #811
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I strongly dispute that statement. Yes, you can make it run by using low pressure tubing that is kinked or by bending the plastic barb beyond tolerance limits. A jerry-rigged bike like that may be acceptable to some people, but not to me or anyone wanting a reliable system.

The Ninja was designed to work with two throttle cables - accel and decel. To do that, we are supposed to install the TB upside down and hook the decel cable over a tab that was never meant for that purpose. If you want the TB installed right side up, you have to make a bracket. If you want to use both cables, you need to replace the pulley.

Plug and play means that I can just go out and bolt it up and ride off into the sunset. This kit is no where near plug and play. The only thing advertised as not being plug and play was the welding of the bungs. We were never told of the need to design and engineer new pulleys, fuel rails and vacuum ports.

The EFI module doesn't even come preprogrammed. All the maps should be in there already. They weren't.

Also, I noticed that the OP Jiggles has got working fuel injection on his bike now. But not with the ecotrons kit. He did it by purchasing a Ninja 650.

So yes, I am a very dissatisfied customer who paid $480 for a plug and play kit and has nothing to show for it.
my lines are not kinked or bended in a bad way. think the way it came out was really nice. but to each their own. U shouldnt really say so unless u took the kit out of the box and install it as is and run it. And my ecu cam preprogrammed.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM   #812
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
In the end, If you dont like the kit, go ahead and return it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it or install it if you are not happy with the system. If you choose to "work" on it and install it, you will be part of a small community of hobbyists and explorers attempting something new.
I would except for this:
"No returns will be accepted after 30 days. A return is only acceptable if the product has not be modified ... All legitimate returns will be subject to a 20% restocking charge. "

Remember my cable bracket? That disqualifies me for a return. I'm not trying to bash Matt, but he shouldn't have sent these things out the door with those throttle bodies. I feel that was a bit dishonest on his part.

I haven't been able to buy a UK throttle body so tomorrow I'm going to take a bunch of pictures and post it for sale. I just wish all this spit had waited until after I sold it to hit the fan.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #813
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I would except for this:
"No returns will be accepted after 30 days. A return is only acceptable if the product has not be modified ... All legitimate returns will be subject to a 20% restocking charge. "

Remember my cable bracket? That disqualifies me for a return. I'm not trying to bash Matt, but he shouldn't have sent these things out the door with those throttle bodies. I feel that was a bit dishonest on his part.

I haven't been able to buy a UK throttle body so tomorrow I'm going to take a bunch of pictures and post it for sale. I just wish all this spit had waited until after I sold it to hit the fan.
well that should be a bit obvious if u modify something. Its like if i were to take a regular intake for my car and if i were to cut and reweld it to be in a different area. Its not its original form anymore. But if ur bracket can come off wouldnt be an issue.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #814
Super-Tune
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Please dont make this thread a rally for your own purposes.
Not a problem, 3 pm's already tell me it isn't

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #815
setasai

Quote:
I would except for this:

That's a bummer. I completely and totally understand your decision. Good luck with the sale. Still after all is said and done, thank you for all the contributions you have made. Your ideas have helped me come up with my own to solve other various issues that came up. If you have time, please swing by this thread and give us any ideas or input to make it better.

Quote:
Not a problem, 3 pm's already tell me it isn't
PM's are perfectly ok. I have zero qualms about that. I just didnt want to make this thread for those of us that are still planning on using it a big flame war. Thank you for the heads up and I hope that everything works out for you.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #816
setasai

Quote:
i do 500 for my chain and tomorrow im going to do mine so im actually at 1000. so yea its been reliable for me at least with no problems to arrise from the MAP getting fuel but i think it got it fixed. Might add a little fuel filter to keep fuel from fulling penetrating the sensor.
So I've been the unlucky one in that the MAP sensor totally got gas in it and so I've come up with an idea.

I got one of these... at Oreilly auto parts and cut it open with a knife, removed the element and epoxied it back together. Be sure to get the epoxy that is solvent resistant just in case it comes in contact with the gas.

I'll be installing it tomorrow. I'll report back on if it works. Btw, it cost like $3 so if it works, its a good preventative measure. Getting gas in the sensor is just a pain if nothing else because of the dry time.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #817
n4mwd

Quote:
well that should be a bit obvious if u modify something. Its like if i were to take a regular intake for my car and if i were to cut and reweld it to be in a different area. Its not its original form anymore. But if ur bracket can come off wouldnt be an issue.
To install the bracket, I had to JB-WELD a block of aluminum on the injector tube in order to support it. Also, because the ecotrons pulley was missing the decel cable nut hole, I had to grind off the original pulley and rivet a new one in place. Plus, because the original ecotrons pulley only has a 15 mm radius, I enlarged it to be the same size as the OEM TB and OEM carb pulley. This meant that the original cable mount had to be ground off to make it fit.

So basically, its modified and not returnable. I wouldn't return it and take a 20% loss anyway. I'll just sell it.

Or try to.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM   #818
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
So I've been the unlucky one in that the MAP sensor totally got gas in it and so I've come up with an idea.

I got one of these... at Oreilly auto parts and cut it open with a knife, removed the element and epoxied it back together. Be sure to get the epoxy that is solvent resistant just in case it comes in contact with the gas.

I'll be installing it tomorrow. I'll report back on if it works. Btw, it cost like $3 so if it works, its a good preventative measure. Getting gas in the sensor is just a pain if nothing else because of the dry time.
no ur not the only one. in the begining i couldnt even drive down the block without my bike shutting down before i knew the MAP sensor was getting gas in it and stranded me 3 times. so dont feel so bad ha. and why did u remove the filter element?

And that little guy is exactly what i was thinking of picking up and putting on it and what plastic epoxy u use?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #819
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
To install the bracket, I had to JB-WELD a block of aluminum on the injector tube in order to support it. Also, because the ecotrons pulley was missing the decel cable nut hole, I had to grind off the original pulley and rivet a new one in place. Plus, because the original ecotrons pulley only has a 15 mm radius, I enlarged it to be the same size as the OEM TB and OEM carb pulley. This meant that the original cable mount had to be ground off to make it fit.

So basically, its modified and not returnable. I wouldn't return it and take a 20% loss anyway. I'll just sell it.

Or try to.
Well good luck with the sale. It happens u know with projects. but good luck either path u choose to go

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #820
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samual

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (RIP)

Quote:
I haven't been able to buy a UK throttle body so tomorrow I'm going to take a bunch of pictures and post it for sale.
Here's one that seems to be in good condition.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ninja-250r...#ht_500wt_1413
Just remember to get the wiring loom with it. You can also go all out and spend 600 bucks for a new one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ka...ht_2640wt_1163 but that is way too rich for my blood. Mine should be here tomorrow, it came today but I was at school (the only day the mail came early). I'll install it this weekend and post a full install walk through cause I have nothing better to do.
lc86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #821
setasai

Quote:
no ur not the only one. in the begining i couldnt even drive down the block without my bike shutting down before i knew the MAP sensor was getting gas in it and stranded me 3 times. so dont feel so bad ha. and why did u remove the filter element?

And that little guy is exactly what i was thinking of picking up and putting on it and what plastic epoxy u use?
The filter element was giving me some air resistance and because the MAP sensor needs precise pressure changes, I had an inkling it would affect it. No real science to back this decision up really. Just a gut feeling and logic.

As for the epoxy, it wasnt anything special. Just a quick set epoxy that said "solvent resistant" on the packaging.

I've been stranded twice now. Just so happens that this time, it's at school and I have no way to bring the bike home so I'm hoping I can get it running soon. Matt said he might have a CAL file that'll potentially solve the MAP residual gas issue. I'll let you know when I install the empty chamber and the CAL file.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #822
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc86 View Post
Just remember to get the wiring loom with it. You can also go all out and spend 600 bucks for a new one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ka...ht_2640wt_1163 but that is way too rich for my blood. Mine should be here tomorrow, it came today but I was at school (the only day the mail came early). I'll install it this weekend and post a full install walk through cause I have nothing better to do.
Looking forward to it. The OEM throttlebody should make the whole thing much much easier to install. Atleast that is the assumption. Let us know if that's truly the case.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:42 PM   #823
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 (sold), '06 Ninja 650R

Quote:
The filter element was giving me some air resistance and because the MAP sensor needs precise pressure changes, I had an inkling it would affect it. No real science to back this decision up really. Just a gut feeling and logic.

As for the epoxy, it wasnt anything special. Just a quick set epoxy that said "solvent resistant" on the packaging.

I've been stranded twice now. Just so happens that this time, it's at school and I have no way to bring the bike home so I'm hoping I can get it running soon. Matt said he might have a CAL file that'll potentially solve the MAP residual gas issue. I'll let you know when I install the empty chamber and the CAL file.
What we really need is just a diaphram. May be able to make something using nitrile or something.
flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:54 PM   #824
setasai

That's a good idea... hmmm wonder if we can purchase those.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:58 PM   #825
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

I don't really know. My idea is to take a small fuel filter used in RC aircraft (these are able to be take apart an cleaned), remove the mesh screen, and place a nitrile membrane in it's place. (I already have all these parts - so no extra cost to me).

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:12 PM   #826
setasai

Test it and let us know if it works. Sounds like a possibility.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:18 PM   #827
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Test it and let us know if it works. Sounds like a possibility.
It has been added to my weekend plans. I want to get a before and after recording to see how it effects the sensor.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:33 AM   #828
n4mwd

Quote:
The 450 euro one is too unreasonable since you can buy a brand new one for that.

I would like to see your install when you get it done. I'm pretty sure you will be needing 650 cables with the OEM TB. That's what it was designed for.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:47 AM   #829
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:

You saw the full DIY write up for this kit and still decided to buy it. Then instead of following the DIY you tried to customize it. Greg spent around $1500 converting his bike to EFI so I'm wondering what exactly you were expecting out of a kit that's 1/3 the price.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM   #830
Super-Tune
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
You saw the full DIY write up for this kit and still decided to buy it. Then instead of following the DIY you tried to customize it. Greg spent around $1500 converting his bike to EFI so I'm wondering what exactly you were expecting out of a kit that's 1/3 the price.
Jiggles

With all due respect, you haven't even attempted to install yours as have half of the others. The kit takes modifications right out of the bubble wrap which instantly voids the warranty. From the PM's I have received, I am betting there will be a lot more put up on e-bay, close to half now.

Some are wondering if you received a little extra discount for pushing this If I were you, I would be laying very low as Matt is. Would you like links to forums were he has SPAMMED his wares under 3 and 4 user names to falsely promote it and been thrown off. Yeah, throw the blame on the end user that just spent a good chunk of money for what? That's forum loyalty.

LOOK AT THE ISSUES

The throttle bodies were not designed for this bike what so ever and shouldn't even be used.
The Software cal files needed immediate updating
A 42 psi system with no way to hold the lines onto the pump or regulator
Fuel line that I would not trust on a gravity feed system
Cheap worm clamps rather than fuel injection clamps
Cheap wiring terminals, crimped and not soldered. Many of mine pulled out
Nuts for O2 bungs
A fuel petcock that doesn't work
Slices of hose for throttle body couplers with no retaining ring?? No wonder they are falling off.

In today's economy we expect better than that.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM   #831
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Jiggles

With all due respect, you haven't even attempted to install yours as have half of the others. The kit takes modifications right out of the bubble wrap which instantly voids the warranty. From the PM's I have received, I am betting there will be a lot more put up on e-bay, close to half now.

Some are wondering if you received a little extra discount for pushing this If I were you, I would be laying very low as Matt is. Would you like links to forums were he has SPAMMED his wares under 3 and 4 user names to falsely promote it and been thrown off. Yeah, throw the blame on the end user that just spent a good chunk of money for what? That's forum loyalty.

LOOK AT THE ISSUES

The throttle bodies were not designed for this bike what so ever and shouldn't even be used.
Nuts for O2 bungs
Slices of hose for throttle body couplers with no retaining ring?? No wonder they are falling off.

Man ur the one spamming this forum.

Ok first of all go by what u said. Only had to update my software cal files once. Everything else was just some modifications to the file.
Worm clamps have been working just fine and in todays economy this is a economy kit. Gezz
Wiring terminals were all great on my end and since i had an older bike it had to move stuff around and it was still easy.
Nuts for the o2s have been working for others.
Me and one other had problems with the petcock but i probably just broke mine it happens.
I have had no hoses or anything fall off even on the regulator or filter that have no barbs on it.

Seriously how old are u?

and for the ppl that "had to modify" choose to bc they wanted the TBs to sit upright (not needed), other throttle cables (not needed), different pulleys (not needed), a fuel rail (not needed), and etc.

If u follow the DIY guide or the instructions on their site its straight forward kit. I didnt have to customize anything. I used the tb upside down, stock cables, pulley came with, and no fuel rail and still didnt have crimped lines.

I will say yes if u were to do everything above yes it probably would seem and later on be more reliable but seriously for how "economical" the kit is ITS NOT NEEDED

O and one more thing about there disclaimer of it being dangerous. Have u been on a bike or in a car? Anything u do to modify either can be considered dangerous since ur modifying engine, fuel system, air intake and ur taking that risk. Again how old are you? Are u going to file suit against a fuel filter company because their fuel filter didnt work right? no. And u know they ahve the same disclosure bc u are working with gasoline a combustable........ seriously. Im out.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #832
Super-Tune
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Seriously how old are u?

Again how old are you?
Since you have asked twice now that seems to be an issue for you. I am 52 and have been working on and riding bikes for 36 years... OEM Fuel injection for 32.

If you are happy with your Up-side-down contraption than that say's a little about your standards of quality. Don't dis me when your job goes to China.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #833
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

This is a for sale thread, and it's clear that several of the recent posts are not following our policies (as posted in the announcement and sticky at the top of the section).

If people want to talk about the vendor (good or bad), start a new thread. I'd also recommend that those implementing this kit start a thread up in the tech section rather than keeping everything here in the marketplace.

Any posts below this that aren't in line with the guidelines you all agreed to when you clicked register will be summarily deleted.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:57 PM   #834
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Ecotrons Install Thread http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96942

Ecotrons quality and vendor info http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96943
AFM #676

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:09 PM   #835
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samual

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (RIP)

Man, all of the hate on this thread, makes me feel warm on the inside :-) In any case, I installed the ecotrons kit with the OEM throttlebody, I spent about 5 hours installing it (I was making a walkthrough, which greatly slowed me down) but it was pretty easy and it started right up afterwards. I will update as I play around with it, but here is a link to my install in case any of you are curious about how easy it is with a OEM TB. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96973
lc86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:51 PM   #836
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Man, all of the hate on this thread, makes me feel warm on the inside :-) In any case, I installed the ecotrons kit with the OEM throttlebody, I spent about 5 hours installing it (I was making a walkthrough, which greatly slowed me down) but it was pretty easy and it started right up afterwards. I will update as I play around with it, but here is a link to my install in case any of you are curious about how easy it is with a OEM TB. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96973
Great! Please post everything regarding installation in the ecotrons installation thread as noted above
AFM #676

Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:15 PM   #837
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Jiggles

LOOK AT THE ISSUES

Nuts for O2 bungs

Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM   #838
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676

Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:19 PM   #839
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
n4mwd is the only member here that I see taking a safe approach to the install so he doesn't have severe issues down the road. A 42psi EFI system being held together with non barbed fittings on the pump or regulator is an issue waiting to happen.

Has anyone honestly done before and after Dyno testing?

Maybe the safest approach is what some have done... toss it back in the box it arrived in. These were perfectly engineered Japanese bikes that had less issues than they have now.

Honestly, I am exhausted working with Ecotrons and am being told I must pay for tech support. Tech support for an ECU and software that has been updated more times than I can count. That's were I lost it and contacted my attorney.

I wish you the best of luck with your kits but if it has issues causing you and your bike serous injury, you already know Ecotrons is not going to stand behind you.

Safety Disclaimer

Using an Ecotrons EFI kit on a small engine, for example, on a motorcycle, is potentially dangerous and could result in injury or damage. Therefore, you should fully wear all protection ware and exercise all appropriate safety precautions.
In using Ecotrons EFI kit to control the small engine you have, you understand and agree that Ecotron LLC, its officers, employees, agents or volunteers are not liable or responsible for any injuries or damage which may result from your using the product. If you do not agree, do not use this product.

Oh and by the way you should know that your bike can be very dangerous, so you might want to stop using it

Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:23 PM   #840
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13

Will you run out of douch pics or will I run out of smileys first? One thing is for certain, we won't run out of douche posts
AFM #676