ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: Should I trade in Truck for Subaru?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1
MLecl0001
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Should I?

So I have just started riding, have had my Ninja for about 2 months or so now and loving it. However I had also just bought a new truck, a 2011 Tacoma which I got a wicked sick deal on. Basically I bought it new for less than KBB used value I also put down a pretty big down payment.

Well now about 6 months later I am thinking of trading in my truck to eliminate my truck payments and lower my insurance payments. I found a sweet deal on a used 2008 Subaru Impreza with about 30k miles on it. I can get it for the truck, basically they pay off the rest of my loan and the rest goes to the purchase of the car. It would eliminate my truck payment and lower my insurance by almost half.

Now I am ok financially, however with the new bike my disposable income is a little strained. As much as I am loving riding I am thinking about all the things I want to do to my Ninja and also save up to purchase a bigger bike in a year or 2. However with the strain on my disposable income it will be difficult for me to do without a decent sized raise.

So do you guys think I should go for that deal or ride a little more and really make sure I am into riding to do it? I love my truck, but after riding honestly anything that isnt a motorcycle is just kind of disappointing to me. Man I wish I had thought of getting a motorcycle while looking for a new car. I would have just kept my old mazda and got the ninja and I wouldnt have to worry about all this ><

Also the fact that I cant ride for 6 months out of the year really factors into things for me.
MLecl0001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Undecided up to u bro..... although think this should be in off topic....
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to off-topic

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Why can you only ride half the year?
Posted via Mobile Device
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #5
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Scoobie

30k on a Subaru is nothing - it'll be good for another 150k. They are dead reliable and cheap to run. Any time you can avoid a car payment, that is a good thing - no reason to throw money out the window each month when you can get a perfectly good car without a payment.

(Disclaimer: I'm a Subaru owner, and have never financed a car in my life. Well, I got a 0% finance deal on a Land Rover and took it, but I put the cash I would have spent on the car ($30k) into a bond (6% return) that paid for my insurance premiums and gas, but that doesn't count. )

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote