ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Legend
Land of Bagged Milk

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZX-6R 2012 Passion Red

The Legend Begins.... Ninja ordered

Well I finally got around to ordering my Ninja! The Candy Lime Greens are hard to find here in Ontario, one dealership was trying to charge me an extra $300-$400 to get one in for me (didn't get the bike there).

Ended up going to a local place which is right up the road from where I live which will be great for future service. I did get quotes a little cheaper elsewhere but it wasn't a big enough savings to was my time driving back and forth few times to save 1 or 2 hundred bucks.

I should have my Ninja next Thursday Can't wait. Just need to get the rest of my road gear now. LOL. Grrr more money.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #2
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Congrats! ... did you by any chance look into the "used" market before going "brand new"? Don't know about the availability of used 2fiddies in canada, but you'd have found a better deal if you had gone used and probably saved more for gear...but that's me crying over spilled milk
Get as much gear as you can, take a basic rider's course and have fun!

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Next on the list
-Helmet
-Jacket
-Full Gauntlet Gloves
-Pants
-Full boot

Have fun and Be a Gear Whore
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Legend
Land of Bagged Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Congrats! ... did you by any chance look into the "used" market before going "brand new"? Don't know about the availability of used 2fiddies in canada, but you'd have found a better deal if you had gone used and probably saved more for gear...but that's me crying over spilled milk
Get as much gear as you can, take a basic rider's course and have fun!
Thanks EK,

Have most of my gear purchased, just need to grab my leather jacket and some type of riding pants.

We have a graduated licensing system here in Ontario. I have done my written test which give me my M1(First level), I did my safety course which included a ride test which gives me my M2 (second level). This M2 means I can ride with no restrictions except I must have ZERO blood alcohol. Ill go back for another course in an 18 months and do a test to get my full license.

As for used, I could have saved myself $1500 or more if I wanted get a used bike. I decided to get a new bike I didn't want to worry about inheriting other people's problems. I have a 2 yr full warranty on this one and to me spending a bit more for something that isn't used is worth it.

I buy all the stuff I need, I'm just cheap and hate spending money....... boy did I choose the wrong thing to get into.

Old July 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Legend
Land of Bagged Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Next on the list
-Helmet
-Jacket
-Full Gauntlet Gloves
-Pants
-Full boot
Have fun and Be a Gear Whore
-Helmet - GOT IT
-Jacket - GOT IT (textile\mesh) Getting a second Leather one
-Full Gauntlet Gloves - GOT IT also have a small "light set" that I will likely not use
-Pants - Getting before next Thursday
-Full boot - GOT IT

I may not have a high number for the Gear Whoring thread but I will have at least one full set of good gear.

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I may not have a high number for the Gear Whoring thread but I will have at least one full set of good gear.
congrats on the soon to be bike..and as for gear, you did better than i did anyways. i had a jacket and gloves but thats it. i got my bike and had to wait nearly a week for my helmet to come in (oh the agony!). I got boots two weeks later, and 3 months later I'm still riding in jeans.
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote