ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 16th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #1
sze5003
ninjette.org member

Name: Salim

Motorcycle(s): 2005 SV650S

Finally got to practice!

Well I got the bike running right and took it put to a huge street with a culdesac at the end. Nice thing is there are smaller parking lots where you can get off the main road and practice the tight turns.

I dunno what it is but it seems like my ninja doesn't want to seem to lean. I push after looking where I want to go and it doesn't turn or lean as much as those trainer bikes did. It seems lighter too. When I do lean if I'm going slow I feel like falling off. If I'm going fast it feels like its stubbornly heavy and doesn't want to lean.

I also lost my registration sticker so I can't be caught on the streets yet. My right turn signal is busted meaning the bulb. Any place I can get a replacement and maybe replace the silver plastic housing too that the bulb goes through. I'll add some pics but my work pc won't let me take them off the phone.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #2
R1Chronicles
Rambling Madman

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): R1 07

More practice, also see if you can retake the course with the new bike and have someone watch what you are doing or spend sometime will an experienced rider.
R1Chronicles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Confirm tire pressures are correct; if they are quite low, steering can feel quite a bit different.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #4
sze5003
ninjette.org member

I will check the pressure. I need to get a cover for it as I live in an apartment. I did a lot better than the first time I got on it 2 weeks ago and dropped it due to being nervous about it. I feel much comfier on it now. Not enough to pull out on the streets and ride around because my turning needs work.

For example, turning from a stop making a right, I tend to go in the other lane.

Oh and I found turn signals for the bike ofr 36 bucks, the whole lamp assembly at powersportsplus.com

But since the silver plastic housing that the bulb sits in is somewhat busted, along with the bulb as broke off still screwed in, would it be ok to just order a new bulb or replace the whole signal?

Old July 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #5
dcx4610
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Keep in mind you need to be going at a pretty good speed for the bike to lean properly. When I first started, I felt I wasn't getting much lean either. What helped was using my shoulders and shifting my body posture into the lean.

For instance, say you are coming into a right turn, shift your shoulders right, scoot a bit off of the seat to the right with your knee out and put pressure on the right peg with the ball of your feet. You'll get the lean you are looking.

Here's a really good video that helped me a lot.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4938332_mo...g-leaning.html
dcx4610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #6
sze5003
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the tip. I want to take it out in traffic but I don't have a working right turn signal and am waiting for my registration sticker. Ordered the turn signal and god knows when it will arrive.